SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 18-04-16, 05:13 PM   #581
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Yeah, same lens on the OM10. Doesn't appear in all shots which makes me wonder if its lens flare.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-16, 07:13 PM   #582
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Meant to ask, can you see it on the negatives or just the prints?
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-16, 07:37 PM   #583
Kenzie

Can't see it on the negs. They were scanned with the Canon Canoscan 8400F but I have just rescanned the three shots with my Veho VFS002 and they have gone. All I can assume is that it was a scanning issue and refracted light during the scan. Maybe the neg wasn't completely flat.

Just ordered some colour 127 film, not cheap but really want to give it a go. Will treat the Bilora Bella 44 to this roll. Also respooled some Lomo 400iso 120 onto 620 spools to run through the Sabre 620. One of the rolls I shot yesterday was on a 620 spool but I rolled it back onto a 120 so I don't lose the highly valuable 620 one.
So, what do you think of the Vito then?

Last edited by Kenzie; 18-04-16 at 08:02 PM.
Old 18-04-16, 08:07 PM   #584
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Still not looked at it, it's going to sit there for a little while I'm afraid. I'll get it out and have a look at it in the morning I think. I'm trying to figure out the glass in the Contessa LBE I just did, see if I can shift the surface markings, or decide if they're okay just to use as is. Would like to finish the job and put a film in it but I think the fungus has etched the glass a bit. It's hard to tell sometimes what's going on, fungus can do that. And I'd like to clean up the Certo MF as well. Like I have nothing better to do!

You could see if they'll send you the spool back, I asked for the backing paper to be returned from the Verichrome and they sent it with the pics, complete with spool still attached.

Seen these?
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...+make+127+film
Old 18-04-16, 08:18 PM   #585
Kenzie

Far better to lose a 120 than a 620. It takes less than a minute to respool. Thankfully not encountered too much fungus it my collection. The original lens in the Fujica GER had fungus but I think that is the only one.

Sent from my Xperia T

Last edited by Kenzie; 18-04-16 at 08:54 PM.
Old 20-04-16, 08:33 PM   #586
Kenzie

Had a Halina 35x arrive and just bought a Yashica FX-D. The Halina has a sticky focus issue so may need cleaning. I have a film tested Olympus OM10 available if anyone is interested with 50mm lens?

Sent from my Kindle Fire
Old 20-04-16, 08:35 PM   #587
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Although this is a bit of a two-man show with the occasional cameo, I'm hoping there are a few lurkers as well on this thread. Get involved! I often peruse the listings of the Bay of Pigs and Gumtree, and as I'm tight-fisted I do like a bargain. This doesn't have to be expensive.

You want SLR so you can see what you're going to get, and the option of a different length lens? Get an older M42 lens type and there are tons of good things out there for under £20 (just make sure you get open aperture metering). Want to be like Peter Parker? Get a Yashica Electro or similar, all you have to do is focus. Can't be bothered to focus? There are auto-focus cameras out there (I believe!), or get an Olympus XA2 or 3 - they're the same but the XA3 is cheaper, and the lens is tiny but amazing.

Poundland for film, £5 at Asda for prints (but ideally spend a bit more if you want them to look nice), and if you change your mind, you can just sell it all for the same as what you paid for it - more if you can show you've taken usable pics. Any of these options will give way better pictures than the point-and-shoot crap you might associate with film photography on a budget.

Fungus isn't so bad to shift, it's whether it's knackered the lens already, which is hard to tell. My Contessamat had layers of it on all glass surfaces, and it cleaned up no problem. The Contessa LBE seems to be pitted, and the rear lens of the Contessa LKE was etched all over (somehow). I've done what I can with the Contessa LBE glass, the rest of it is fully working, so stuck a film in it and will just have to see how it turns out. Your latest additions sound good. The OM10 is ideal for someone to have a go with, Olympus make great lenses.

Last edited by johnnyrod; 20-04-16 at 08:38 PM.
Old 20-04-16, 09:04 PM   #588
Kenzie

I hope there is more than just us here as well. Would be great to see other people's work. I do actually own an XA3 and can attest to its compactness and great lens. XA3 is same as XA2 but with DX coding ability.
Old 20-04-16, 09:20 PM   #589
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I've been reading this thread with great interest. I've had nothing useful to contribute but learning lots. I guess others are too
Old 20-04-16, 10:00 PM   #590
Kenzie

Wasn't sure if anyone else was interested. Glad to know that there is. What happened to the other guy with the Decora?

Sent from my Kindle Fire