SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-07-16, 05:29 PM   #11
nathcarr

Default New sv650s 2000 owner

Cheers BigFootIsBlurry,

Thanks Blapper
The rack is a givi monorack with the monokey plate, I wish I could offer some advice for finding these because it took me ages to find one, givi don't make them anymore, I got this one from a fellow member on this forum, just pure luck,
You can buy the plate of eBay no problem still for 40 quid but it's the rack arms that are a struggle to find

The can was really cheap was $86 dollars of the danmoto website itself (cheaper than eBay just so you know) and the baffle was $8 dollars, all in worked out about £92 quid delivered to the uk from China, it said about 15 days delivery but only took 7 and I was able to track the whole thing from China with EMS and then parcel force once it got to the uk, I would recommend the can to anyone and will definitely order from danmoto directly again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nathcarr; 31-07-16 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-08-16, 07:26 AM   #12
Blapper

Default Re: New sv650s 2000 owner

Cheers Nath. Nice rack! (pardon the expression). I'll let the dust settle after I have finished the current spending frenzy and have a look at getting one of those cans.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 10:23 AM   #13
yamrdtez

firstly welcome to the forum
i to have a curvy, it's a 99 naked.
all i can say to you is that these bikes are the most under rated bike on the road.
comfort on a long trip is second to none, the sound of the sv twin and the engine brake is awesome and gives you such a grin. Enjoy
Old 03-08-16, 06:18 PM   #14
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Moved to SV Talk

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 06:52 PM   #15
nathcarr

Hahaha love it Blapper! . Yeah you can go on for ages with the spending can't you, it can get slightly out of hand, my missus plays hell with me when a yodel van turns up outside with parcels . There a brill can honestly, my lass isn't a big fan off noisy cans and stuff but she did say it sounds incredible and one of, which is good to hear .

Thanks YamRdTez - I totally agree with you, this is by far the best bike I've owned and ridden and I'm absolutely in love with it,

Old 07-08-16, 07:11 AM   #16
nathcarr

Default New sv650s 2000 owner

Bike all cleaned up ready for a blast out with the lads this morning she really does clean up well and I can't get enough of her, so glad I made the decision to purchase an SV over some other bike options

Old 07-08-16, 09:42 AM   #17
Fowlersrs

Great bikes. If I had one tip for these bikes it would be rebuild the front brake calipers. So easy to do and makes a huge difference to braking ability. Oh and the front plug missing is common fault. Tends to collect a bit of water in there from time to time so keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-16, 03:13 PM   #18
nathcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowlersrs View Post
Great bikes. If I had one tip for these bikes it would be rebuild the front brake calipers. So easy to do and makes a huge difference to braking ability. Oh and the front plug missing is common fault. Tends to collect a bit of water in there from time to time so keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info mate, I was actually thinking today whilst I was out that the front brakes could do with a refurbish, they were working fine but I know they could be better,

I normally do it on all my bikes anyway through the winter time so I'll get it done then just because at the moment it's getting used everyday whilst the car is off the road getting fixed.

So my plans are for that, rebuild the callipers as you say I'll put new seals and Pistons in, new pads and I'll change the hoses to beaded aswell, any recommendations on what braided hoses to use, I've normally used Hel

Cheers
Nath