SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 06-08-20, 07:25 PM   #7261
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I got my 120-127/16mm film shutter through today. Going to take some practice but looks straightforward enough. Need to finish off my 127 roll on my Yashica 44 and I can then try some colour.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 12:17 PM   #7262
Kenzie

Little and large. My smallest and largest SLR.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-20, 05:31 PM   #7263
Kenzie

Dinky Zeiss gear

Last edited by Kenzie; 16-08-20 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-08-20, 08:53 PM   #7264
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Nice. I've done nothing for ages now. Got a couple of films back the other day, one from the OM-1 and one from my Konica S, shot 2018-2019. I didn't have anything else to send it off with so I hung onto it... The OM-1 looks good, the meter tends to over-expose but not generally beyond the range of the film. Very sharp lens. I have everything Pentax though so to go in another direction wouldn't make a lot of sense really. Something up with the shutter as well, i had overexposed bands here and there, more at higher speeds.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-20, 12:09 PM   #7265
Kenzie

I've not been out shooting either. Been tinkering but no actual shooting. Probably won't do much until we can go out without the hassle of the Coronaviris rubbish.
Old 16-08-20, 06:29 PM   #7266
yokohama

I've done very little too though I did go out for a little hike last weekend and took the Contax 139Q with me. I've one finished film and 4 cameras with part shot films in them. Waiting until i can get all 5 processed together.
The virus has certainly messed up my year and while working from home was good at first, I'm beginning to get fed up of it now, staying in all day and staring at a computer.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-20, 08:29 PM   #7267
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Provided I don't die, it's been good to get out to work most days, my wife has been at home all this time. my pics are a bit stale but as you say, maybe not much of a surprise when we can't do much of what we're used to. Popped a film in my Olympus S now that the barrel wobble is fixed, the meter does still play up a bit (seems to be the aperture ring, but I shot the whole first film with a wobbly barrel and metering app). Had a look at the RF on the Certo Super Dollina I got recently. The screw heads for the top cover are a bit chewed (hmm) but I need to devote some time to it. The RF works, it's split top and bottom (like the Super Sport Dolly) not a superimposed image, although it's still difficult to use. I think the tripod socket needs a plug, it's underneath the film canister, and without it there's a hole into the chamber. Presumably though that would be the case if you wanted to remove the plug mid-film to use a tripod. Would seem odd of Certo to make a mistake like that. Anyway we've spent a lot of time (you know what that means too) on house stuff this summer, so not much on anything else.
As Kenzie has seen on FB, I did get some use out of the Fuji XP130 snorkelling camera when we went for a walk with some alpacas on Friday. The rear screen isn't great quality so the pics look crrrrap but when you see them on a laptop they're actually pretty good.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-20, 09:07 PM   #7268
Kenzie

I really need to log into the site on my laptop, I'm nlt getting any notifications at all from this thread. I finally managed to track down a Kodak 35. I have the RF version but been wanting the non-rf model. Its the earlier model, around mid 1940s if I remember correctly.

Old 20-08-20, 06:04 PM   #7269
Kenzie

Yeah, notifications were turned off. I picked up this Pentax P50 as faulty, I actually wanted the lens and the case it came in. It wouldn't wind although the display lit up it didn't fire. Knowing how picky the P range is with batteries I chucked in a fresh set. Works a treat. Also, the last pic may have been a problem.

Old 22-08-20, 07:37 AM   #7270
Kenzie

Just taken a punt on this lot 353177664729 hoping there is a hidden gem of a lens in here. There seems to be three versions of the Minolta 35-70, it's not marked Rokkor so it's not a mk1, can't see the macro of the mk3 either.