SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-04-11, 04:38 PM   #11
Fruity-ya-ya

Talking Re: "dragons den" ideas

Celling paint that is spider web resistant so they can't spin webs in the corners.
Old 08-04-11, 04:39 PM   #12
thulfi

Default Re: "dragons den" ideas

Well have you ever had anyone in front of you braking, then they brake even harder but there is no way of telling because the brake lights are already engaged, potentially being a hazard?

Well my invention to give the driver/rider behind more info is to fit cars/bikes with either a light that gets redder as they brake harder, or alternatively several LEDs aligned parallel to each other horizontally, and the more you brake the more bars that are activated, so you know when someone whose already braking is braking harder.

I'm accepting £200,000 for a 5% share,

Last edited by thulfi; 08-04-11 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 04:42 PM   #13
Fruity-ya-ya

Talking Re: "dragons den" ideas

An alarm clock that gives you the days weather forecast as the alarm.
Old 08-04-11, 05:39 PM   #14
on yer bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity-ya-ya View Post
An alarm clock that gives you the days weather forecast as the alarm.
I like it, you could set it not to wake you if it's raining

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 05:43 PM   #15
Fruity-ya-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
one of the many methods of staving off boredom at work is proposing "dragons den" ideas, the more outlandish the better. I wondered what the org could come up with.
Sorry, I didn't spot the outlandish prerequisite.

As my fish swim about all day expending energy, I'd invent a hydro-electric generator from the wash they make.

I could maybe sell the electricity back to the grid and pay for the fish food.
Old 08-04-11, 05:49 PM   #16
Fruity-ya-ya

How about a service that comes to your home and cleans the living room. A costed service of course but the cunning bit is all the money we'd find down the back of the sofa we keep.

This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodders
Old 08-04-11, 05:49 PM   #17
slinky

Smelavision... Like 5.1 surround sound but u just load a cartridge of smells for a particular film to enhance the experience ... Winner
Old 08-04-11, 06:16 PM   #18
grh1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulfi View Post
Well have you ever had anyone in front of you braking, then they brake even harder but there is no way of telling because the brake lights are already engaged, potentially being a hazard?

Well my invention to give the driver/rider behind more info is to fit cars/bikes with either a light that gets redder as they brake harder, or alternatively several LEDs aligned parallel to each other horizontally, and the more you brake the more bars that are activated, so you know when someone whose already braking is braking harder.

I'm accepting £200,000 for a 5% share,
This has a real road safety aspect to that would actually make sense, however my "variation" of this is to fit brake lights inside the windscreen that only come on once the driver has stopped at the traffic lights for more than 15 seconds with his her foot STILL on the brake pedal.

It naffs me off no end my eyeballs & retinas are burned to a frazle because the muppet in front has temporarily forgotten what the handbrake lever between the two seats is for.

My windscreen brake lights would be directed directly at the drivers eyes and get more & more brighter the longer they left there foor on the brake.

That will be £375,000.00 for a 2.5% share then.
Old 08-04-11, 07:31 PM   #19
svrich

I've kept this one for a couple of years now but feel ready to share it; Sauce-ages.
They are sausages (various flavours) with the sauce of your choice already inside them. The bonus is that when you eat them as part of a sausage sandwich the sauce doesn't escape from between the bread and dribble down your white vest (yes, I was a truck driver for a while ).
Old 08-04-11, 07:39 PM   #20
Teejayexc

Something that keeps Dave Preston upright ?
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote