SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-10-18, 04:10 PM   #6381
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
£250 seems a bit steep!
It's deliberately punitive to make a statement and to make it something people don't just accept once in a while.
Old 01-10-18, 06:25 PM   #6382
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

These newfangled landscape snooker tables. The camera angle is so bad it's actually wider at the far end than it is tall

DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 07:24 PM   #6383
Seeker
Mega Poster

Tories and the NHS (I wish them all permanent sleepless nights)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7808591.html
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 08:20 PM   #6384
maviczap
Mega Poster

Been at work since 0700, and stuck in traffic on M20 as road is closed for overnight roadworks, heading to our hotel and still haven't eaten yet. It's been a long Day
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 07:38 AM   #6385
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
These newfangled landscape snooker tables. The camera angle is so bad it's actually wider at the far end than it is tall
I think you've lost your perspective.
Old 02-10-18, 09:32 AM   #6386
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Tories and the NHS (I wish them all permanent sleepless nights)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7808591.html

Are these the same doctors and consultants that work both in NHS and private hospitals and clinics My wife worked for NHS as medical secretary and saw what went on with consultants and doctors, they used to refer to Nuffield Hospitals as 'the golden nugget' as people were often there earning ££££'s when they had clinics booked at NHS hospitals and guess who had to make excuses to clinic patients because the doctors / consultants did not turn up on time. GP's employed by NHS only work an average 3 day week nowadays and many practices no longer have 'open' surgeries in the morning (everything by appointment, average time for an appointment in our local surgery - 2 weeks ), and are very well paid, maybe they moonlight with private health companies as well.

If the Doctors want to revive NHS they should take a pay cut and stop moonlighting in private sector.

Consultants would also see people privately for consultations and get paid ( their 30 pieces of silver ), they would then get the patients a quick appointment with NHS for treatment, bypassing the patients who were on the lists. Many doctors are in it purely for the money these days, they are as guilty as anyone for robbing the NHS. Many Hospitals (and schools) are also in debt because of the mad public / private building partnerships (introduced by tories but really taken to heart by Blair government) - they let private companies build hospitals and then charge massive rents and maintenance contracts for 30 years, when the buildings get handed back to NHS ( but they will need total rebuild or gutting and refurbishing at massive expense to taxpayer after that time anyway). This was just one of the slimey Tony B Liars ploys to be seen as being responsible for building new schools and hospitals while passing the cost on to future generations. Economists have worked out that these buildings over their 30 year life will have cost 6 x as much as if they had been built by NHS (£300billion as against £50 billion) - no wonder hospitals are burdened with debt as they pay for these facilities out of money that should be spent on patients.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-10-18 at 09:48 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 10:19 AM   #6387
shiftin_gear98

Stress and worry.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 11:44 AM   #6388
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Are these the same doctors and consultants that work both in NHS and private hospitals and clinics
I have no problem with doctors moonlighting. I do have a problem with a government that is undermining a social system because they are ideologically opposed to it and try to make it look like it's inevitable.

I am opposed to doctor/nursing agencies which can hire out staff at exorbitant wages back to the NHS which trained them.

I have experience of the American medical system both my children were born there and the hospital was amazing - every medical gadget you can think of with multiple choices of the how my wife wanted to give birth. I received a yearly colonoscopy (I liked the idea if not the process), regularly PSA screening for me, breast exams for my wife but it came at a frightening cost.

My medical insurance was part funded by my employer, Eastman Kodak, and it was capped at just over $1 million/year. A couple of days in intensive care and a week in recovery would soon eat through that and that is just one bad bike accident.

https://nypost.com/2017/01/12/majori...inancial-ruin/

We need to fight to preserve the NHS or the Tories will take it. Let your local MP know how you feel. If you are interested check on how many MPs have interests/been paid money by private healthcare companies.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 12:17 PM   #6389
SV650rules
Mega Poster

I have experience of the Australian Medicare system, it is amazing. It is half private half public. There is set fee for treatments that you get reimbursed - if you want to go to a more expensive clinic or hospital you will have to pay the 'gap' between what Medicare will fund and what you were charged. You have to pay for treatment up front and take your Medicare ID card and your invoice to a local Medicare office ( one or more in every town ) and you can get refund same day. They control the system better than we do, and having to present a valid Medicare card for refunds prevents abuse by foreign heath tourists, you can still get treatment but you pay the whole bill. The NHS needs such a system, my wife used to work in medical system over there and test results came back same or next day, not in two weeks.

Their system is less open to abuse than our 'international health service', but if you need long term drugs or treatment ( or simply cannot afford treatment) they will give you a 'bulk billing' exemption so that all your invoices go straight to Medicare for payment. We need such a mix of public and private healthcare in UK, because our present system is abused and exploited scandalous, both by doctors and patients.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 12:31 PM   #6390
Bibio
Mega Poster

people seem to forget that its THEIR NHS not the governments. just like all the privatisation that went on. we the public pay the government to do a job via taxation to do the jobs we dont want to do. thats how a government works. they work for us not the other way round.

idle hands make idle minds so if the people dont tell their government what to do then the government will make things up to do. its that simple folks.

as rules said you need to tell your MP that you as a member of the public and their boss you want to keep the NHS. if you dont then the government has no opposition and WILL sell it.

TBH i think they will start with the fire brigade as a testing ground.
Bibio is online now   Reply With Quote