SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-01-08, 10:28 PM   #31
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Well this is the problem now, with several threads running. I vote The Border Patrol meet at the Stanney, get fuel at Cheshire Oaks then ride to Tesco.

We should make Tesco the 'official' SV650.org meet for all groups coming in, not just The Border Patrol? So if everyone agrees with that, post that as the meeting point in the thread in the Rideout section?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-08, 09:57 AM   #32
Speedy Claire

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

ok... sounds a good idea to me
Old 21-01-08, 10:14 AM   #33
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
ok... sounds a good idea to me
And I see you already have!

Old 21-01-08, 10:20 AM   #34
Speedy Claire

I did as you instructed Master
Old 21-01-08, 10:24 AM   #35
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I did as you instructed Master
Now your getting the idea

Old 21-01-08, 10:29 AM   #36
Speedy Claire

Yes Sir.. I know my place, would you like your bath run now?
Old 21-01-08, 10:43 AM   #37
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Have I stumbled into a private chat room?
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-08, 10:44 AM   #38
Pedro68

Ok, seems like me AND Claire have posted up there now LOL

If everyone wants to get to Tesco by 10:30am, then I suggest we meet up at The Stanney pub no later than say 09:15am - 09:30am. This will give us enough time to fuel up at Sainsburys (and for Claire to get her loaf and bacon ) and to get to Tesco's via the more scenic route

I'll try and post up a link to the route when I get a chance.

EDIT: Here's the link

Oh and I'll also nip out and test run the route for timings and provide you with an update in case I need to change the meet-up time at The Stanney.

Last edited by Pedro68; 21-01-08 at 10:51 AM.
Old 21-01-08, 10:50 PM   #39
Baph

It's the day of my eldests birthday, so I'm out unfortunately.
Old 22-01-08, 09:30 AM   #40
Pedro68

I did the run in the car last night (on my way home from work - I wasn't quite sad enough to drive all the way down the M53 to The Stanney later in the evening).

The route isn't anything special, so if anyone was hoping for a bit more interesting/demanding/bendy/twisty roads, then shout now and I'll change the route (I know of other options, but passing thru sleepy little villages early Sunday morning may not go down too well with the locals )

It took me 45 minutes ... in a car ... in rush hour traffic.
So I reckon my estimate of 30 minutes on a bike, on a Sunday morning is about rightish (although I will check that again on the bike at a later date).

As for meeting points after the ride ... I guess that depends where we wanna go for food. There's always The Tap (as a meeting point), but I'm guessing it might be a bit chocka in there on the day. I'll do some digging and get back to you all

EDIT: If anyone wants to refuel on this route, there are plenty of petrol stations along the route.

Last edited by Pedro68; 22-01-08 at 09:33 AM.