SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 08-07-12, 05:30 PM   #21
fenjer

Default Re: GMV - Safe home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Just parked at the services north of Gretna. Stopped for a quick poo & now the bloody renault manbulance won't start when it's hot, so just chilling with my iPad & the bonnet open for half an hour..
The manbulance doesnt want to leave scotland!!
Old 08-07-12, 05:52 PM   #22
robh539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Just parked at the services north of Gretna. Stopped for a quick poo & now the bloody renault manbulance won't start when it's hot, so just chilling with my iPad & the bonnet open for half an hour..
Eject your bieber cd and it will start
Old 08-07-12, 07:35 PM   #23
Bibio
Mega Poster

Ron your a gentleman and a scholar. best GM yet and to top it off the selling of your soul worked a treat and the weather was fantastic.

well i think you can tell i'm home

pete and me ended up going for a bimble and supper at the allanwater.

oooohhhh and my bum is now fine, thanks Ricky for the imodium
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 07:40 PM   #24
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Fack me what a looong drive that was (328 miles in total) and I left my bloody wine glass in Scotland!

Manbulance fired up after 4 music videos on YouTube just got in, van unloaded, bike's outside on paddock stand looking very pleased with itself yet again.. What an absolute blast of a weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, from the loony riding shenanigans through to snaffling poppadoms at 2.30 this morning whilst exchanging stories about the pollis and daft stuff we've done over the years.

Gonna have a shave, grab a shower and go to bed ready for mountain biking tomorrow (got hongover shakes something rotten at the minute).

Ron-Orr-Your-Honour, Dean, Jen and anyone else who contributed to making the weekend happen, THANK YOU. I can appreciate how much behind the scenes effort goes into making these things happen. Everyone who attended, you are all awesome and very patient for putting up with the waffle which constantly leaks out of my mind via my mouth.

Scotland: I love you and I'll see you in the next month or so xxx

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 07:57 PM   #25
peterco

In about 8.30 after have a ride with bibio.
Thanks again to Ron for such a good weekend.
Now going to unpack the bike.
SV650 Naked
BMW 650cs Scarfer
MZ RT 125 4 stroke
peterco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:33 PM   #26
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

now sitting at Peel with a beer

A big thanks to Ron, Dean, Jen for organising it (and anyone I've missed) and everyone that went! You've made it one to remember and I can't wait to see where GM13 is

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:35 PM   #27
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoL View Post
Sv4me - I wasn't expecting to lose you quite that soon
Haha sorry HoL! That was a pi$$ poor showing by me, I thought you were all right behind me. Which way did you turn out the campsite?

Thanks to everyone who was there, you all made it an unforgettable weekend and the perfect way to end mine and Hongs week up there. 1674 miles door to door, not a bad weeks work and the SV never missed a beat! Definitely going to be annual tradition for me now this sort of trip.

I love you Scotland
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 08:54 PM   #28
Tiger 55

Home about half twelve, totally forgot there would be a home safe thread. Oops.

Had a brilliant time, mostly hanging on to the tail lights of faster riders - Puny, Fenjer, Terah, I thank you - enabling me to ride faster than my usual bimble. Wheeee!!

Ron, I salute you Sir. Many, many thanks for all your efforts. Can't find a single thing to moan about and I'm a dour b@stard. Cheers
Old 08-07-12, 09:28 PM   #29
hongman

Dunno what time I got home but it took me around 4.5hrs, blatted the whole jaunt in one go, only stopping for fuel.

Funniest thing is (in a sadistic way) is my run of bad luck is apparently still very much alive!

About a quarter of the way home my bike suddenly sounded very loud...I thought one of my ear plugs had wiggled loose somehow...checked at the next stop and it seems the end cap of my Viper can has indeed departed, along with all the packing somewhere near the start of the A1 Rode home with nothing more than a big empty tin can as a "muffler"...then my sat nav packed up!

However I am safe and sound home after a facking fantastic week touring scotland with Gentle Dave The GM topped it all off perfectly.

Huge thanks to all the organisers/markers etc and all who made it what it was. I havent laughed like I did in a long time and I really needed it!

I love you all and your roads...even your coppers are nice as they hand you a fixed penalty notice!
Old 08-07-12, 10:08 PM   #30
markc123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Haha sorry HoL! That was a pi$$ poor showing by me, I thought you were all right behind me. Which way did you turn out the campsite?

I love you Scotland
I turned right and headed down to the A75. Passed HoL and assumed I'd catch you at some point . Good call on the route btw, had the Kirkstone descent to myself. First time all weekend I have started to feel confident with the bike and loosen up..... Then blew past a couple of Litre class boys near Hawes who didn't seem to be feeling the grip level in the rain - I've had 1500 miles of wet this year in one weekend so got that bit sorted.