SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-11-04, 09:30 AM   #1
steveo

Default Fuel Injection...

Does anyone know of any problems running an 2003 SV when its really cold? It was only registered in March 04, has 4k miles and has just had a 4k service. I only passed my test last friday and being desperate to have a run out to see some mates i rode down to horsham from clapham last saturday. On the way back when i got to the top of Reigate Hill it was snowing and foggy and consequently everyone was going pretty slowly. The engine temp was about 70 ish and wouldn't get any higher but when riding it was almost as if the fuel injection had stopped working. Every now and then it would spurt off as usual but for most of the way back to Tooting it was awful. When the revs dropped below about 2k it also stalled. When i got back to tooting it started working as normal again and has done both yesterday and today when i used it for work. As i am new to biking i don't know if this is fairly common with bikes when it gets freezing cold and wet or whether i should take it in to the dealer.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers
Old 23-11-04, 09:35 AM   #2
BillyC
Mega Poster

Sounds like water in the front plug!

Do a search, and you'll find out all about it!
Old 23-11-04, 11:12 AM   #3
steveo

Cheers. I take it i want one of the Pyramid fenda extendas or are there any better ones out there? Did you guys get any feedback from Suzuki?
Old 23-11-04, 11:21 AM   #4
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Cheers. I take it i want one of the Pyramid fenda extendas or are there any better ones out there? Did you guys get any feedback from Suzuki?

I believe Suzuki's stance is "there's nothing wrong with the bike".
Old 23-11-04, 12:07 PM   #5
Nekkid

Yup, Steveo, get an extenda. Even if that wasn't the problem, you will need it eventually when you're caught in the rain!
Let us know.
Old 23-11-04, 01:25 PM   #6
Gruf

I had the exact same problem last thursday trying to get home from London. Really frustrating! Basically as already mentioned, water or damp in the area of the front plug. I've now ordered a fender extender from Pyramid. I checked with my local dealer, and thats the only fix. Design flaw from Suzuki!
Old 23-11-04, 01:43 PM   #7
danpie

i must be one of the lucky ones! i ride my sk3 all year round and have so far not had a prob.