SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-08-07, 06:09 PM   #1
v-twin luke

Default any police on here

i fitted a scorpion yesturday and i was just wondering if police dont mind loud can if we are not revvin the sh*t out of them or will i get pulled my exhaust have no marking to say its not road legal, but no marking to say it is road legal if there is any police on this site please shine your light
many thanks luke
Old 08-08-07, 06:12 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: any police on here

Depends entirely on the cop. Some are super cool (a few on here!) and understand, yet there are some *****s who'll try to fine you for everything!
Old 08-08-07, 06:43 PM   #3
ASM-Forever

To quote Rictus.....use the search

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=58936
Old 08-08-07, 07:11 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

If I caught you I'd 'do' ya, why should I let you off????

I am not a cop, but if I was, why would I have anything other than that attitude?!!
Old 08-08-07, 07:32 PM   #5
scorpion

I had a scorpion on my K5 for 2 years with the baffle removed.......No problem just don't cane it everywhere and draw too much attention too yourself. I pulled up next to a meat waggon once and plod stuck his head out and said "that sounds much bigger than the bike is, nice one". You see, if you don't make childrens ears bleed in the high st. But give the odd knob end car driver a quick blast to let him know you're in his blind spot, that's fine by me and considered safe by all my plod mates
Old 08-08-07, 07:47 PM   #6
Steve_God
Mega Poster

When I got done by a motorbike-cop for speeding, he walked round to the back of the bike where the two exhausts cleared said "For competition use only" and said nothing about them.
Very odd considering he said he was there due to complaints of residents about the loud noise of the road traffic! Guess he liked the sounds of them!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 08:23 PM   #7
kwak zzr

un baffled sv ain't offensive anyhow its just a nice deep motorbike sound, if it was clearly offensive then i could see this might be a problem, its like small plates, v v small will cause a problem but alittle smaller than standard will get over looked.
Old 08-08-07, 08:35 PM   #8
SVRIDER07

Ive ridden alsorts of diff bikes on the road and have never ever been stopped for anything (touch wood) and 99% of those bikes have had a race can on, best option nowadays with these removable baffle exhausts is to have the baffle under your seat then if they get abit funny about it when they stop you or you know there is a strong police presence around you can just pop it in and no worries!! thats what i do anyway.
Old 08-08-07, 08:48 PM   #9
markmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRIDER07 View Post
Ive ridden alsorts of diff bikes on the road and have never ever been stopped for anything (touch wood) and 99% of those bikes have had a race can on, best option nowadays with these removable baffle exhausts is to have the baffle under your seat then if they get abit funny about it when they stop you or you know there is a strong police presence around you can just pop it in and no worries!! thats what i do anyway.
What he said
Old 08-08-07, 09:04 PM   #10
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-twin luke View Post
any police on here
yes