SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 22-07-06, 11:13 PM   #1
ArtyLady

Default chair crash injuries! not very nice images !

and you thought bikes were dangerous I still dont know whether to laugh or cry

my wrist

my elbow

my thigh is too awful to show - the bruise is about 5 times bigger than the one on my elbow

Im thinking about wearing protective clothing for working at the computer
Old 23-07-06, 07:18 AM   #2
Iansv

I think the phrase is "bruise like a peach"

Ouch
Old 23-07-06, 07:27 AM   #3
Dicky Ticker

Sorry Lorna,but every time I picture the image of your "off" I giggle Just how are you going to play your piano with all that protective gear on? and the wind instrument with your crash helmet on defies even my stupid imagination

Sorry for laughing at your misfortune,get better soon and keep counting ,not long to go now

Mac
Old 23-07-06, 09:35 AM   #4
Caddy2000

Prevention is better than cure!!

This would never of happend if you were on an elephant!!!!
Old 23-07-06, 01:59 PM   #5
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmacsv650
Sorry Lorna,but every time I picture the image of your "off" I giggle Just how are you going to play your piano with all that protective gear on? and the wind instrument with your crash helmet on defies even my stupid imagination

Sorry for laughing at your misfortune,get better soon and keep counting ,not long to go now

Mac
Dont worry Mac I laugh everytime I think of it even though it hurts - it was so silly the way it happened!

Ah solution to the flute problem though - Ive bought a flip up face lid - problem solved so I can tootle in complete safety if I plunge off the piano stool (mind you knowing me the flute would then lodge itself up my nostril or something

Caddy - knowing my luck the elephant would have fell over
Old 24-07-06, 10:52 AM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

I nearly crippled myself falling off a folding camp stool last year... I got my foot stuck in the mechanism and as I fell- veeeeery slowly- it squashed all my toes. Almost fell in the fire too. But to be fair, I was fairly drunk.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-06, 11:26 AM   #7
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
I nearly crippled myself falling off a folding camp stool last year... I got my foot stuck in the mechanism and as I fell- veeeeery slowly- it squashed all my toes. Almost fell in the fire too. But to be fair, I was fairly drunk.
Ouch - still look on the bright side if you had been sober it would have hurt more
Old 24-07-06, 12:34 PM   #8
pegasus
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstoy
Quote:
Ouch - still look on the bright side if you had been sober it would have hurt more
blimey lorna ......... can you sue the makers of the chair? you must be able to sue someone, if this was the states you'd be minted by now

get well soon

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-06, 01:33 PM   #9
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltn3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstoy
Quote:
blimey lorna ......... can you sue the makers of the chair? you must be able to sue someone, if this was the states you'd be minted by now

get well soon
The computer chair is about 5 years old and I wasnt exactly just sitting (leaning way too far over to get something - instead of just getting up! )- they could argue that contributary negligence so I probably wouldnt get very far - shame tho - I could do with some money !
Old 24-07-06, 01:47 PM   #10
Ping

Ow....