SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-02-12, 10:40 AM   #1
AZZ3R

Default Curvy Lower Fairing & Crash Bungs

In need of help.

I'd got some OEM lowers & now where my original crash bungs go a fairing bracket needs to sit there.

I was wondering if anyone has got the OEM lowers & has still fitted the crash bungs without cutting the fairing?

I'm thinking about getting some R&G bungs but where they go looks like they will sit slightly in the way of the lowers.

Any pictures would help

Thanks
Old 09-02-12, 10:51 AM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Curvy Lower Fairing & Crash Bungs

R&G's will fit, so long as you get the ones for Curvies with fairing lowers

Motosliders are better and you won't need to cut or drill the fairing to fit them, but you will need to sand a bit of the fairing to get them to fit. So if you've got to paint the lowers then fit the Motosliders first

Here's my R&G's, I would have got Motosliders, but I'd just had the lowers painted

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 02:14 PM   #3
Serdna

Default Re: Curvy Lower Fairing & Crash Bungs

I fitted those same R&G's to my curvy (with suzuki lowers) last weekend. Its very quick and easy, no fairing modification needed. Im really happy with them but i doubt they will save the lowers in a crash. Maybe they will be repairable instead of obliterated.

But they look well made and well up to protecting the rest of the bike.

Cant comment on motosliders, im going to google them.