SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-09-05, 09:26 PM   #1
neimad2k

Default Questions

Hey guys wondered if you could impart some wisdom.
I picked up my SV650s on the 1st and so far have done about 100 miles, the thing is it runs quite warm. I was told not to take it past 5000rpm and so far i haven't but would like to know what the normal engine temp is? Mines about 85-95. Also does anyone have a data tool system 3 alarm as I don’t think mine is very sensitive, or loud.
Old 02-09-05, 09:30 PM   #2
adamfool

my k4 runs warm too, i think it's just how it is, no need to worry.
Old 02-09-05, 11:44 PM   #3
hall13uk

on average most sv's run at 85-95 in town & around 80-85 on the motorways, of course weather will play a big part. as long as your fan kicks in by about 110 theres no worries
Old 03-09-05, 06:47 AM   #4
TC3

My k5 runs warm and it is normal. I have a system 3 and it is plenty sensitive and it is ok in the loud dept. Try changing the alarm sound
Old 03-09-05, 07:16 AM   #5
neimad2k

Hey TC3, with my alarm a person can sit on the bike and not set it of or even get a warning! Would yours go off? Also does putting a cover on it set the alarm off, eg if the wind is blowing hard
Old 03-09-05, 05:54 PM   #6
neimad2k

what are the best tyres for commuting in all weather
Old 03-09-05, 06:54 PM   #7
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neimad2k
Hey TC3, with my alarm a person can sit on the bike and not set it of or even get a warning! Would yours go off? Also does putting a cover on it set the alarm off, eg if the wind is blowing hard
My alarm will go off if the bike is nudged or even if i am cleaning the screen! Have already lost my user manual so u need to check yours to see if the vibration motion detecting is switched off. Did they mount the additional switch under your seat that sets the alarm when the rear seat is moved? Did you get a certificate proving it was fitted by a datatool technician?
Old 04-09-05, 05:10 AM   #8
neimad2k

my alarm seems to have been fitted under the seat, thats where the noise is. I can open the panel without setting off the alarm. I do have the certificate as well. The unit does have the motion detection on.
Old 04-09-05, 07:31 AM   #9
TC3

Something wrong there....does it have a switch added (comes with the kit and is normally installed so that removing the rear seat panel goes off....this is what i mean...see the switch or trigger or whatever u wanna call it....top of photo

Normally the alarm sets itself....press left button to disable motion detection and again to enable. every time bike has a nudge it will chirp and if it detects more movement it chirps again a few times and alarm goes off
Old 04-09-05, 07:38 AM   #10
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neimad2k
what are the best tyres for commuting in all weather
I know lil about tires and i think u need to go look in the section covering this. Despite what some say i have had no problems at all with the standard tires in the dry or wet. Have no reason to get new tires yet as the new ones are up to the job i need em for and the money can be better used on something else. Depends on how you ride and how demanding you are but am sure some will disagree