SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-12, 03:46 PM   #1
Gibby

Unhappy datatool 3 removal?

Hi all, first post so be gentle.
My datatool 3 as started to play up can't turn alarm off with both fobs then sometimes it works. So got to go.
Read a few threads so thought I'd give it a go
striped the cover off the wiring loom removed the block which was spliced into orange & white Attachment 10711
done the same with wire spliced to orange & Green Attachment 10712
removed wire from fuse block witch went to ignition Attachment 10713
then I removed wire from block Attachment 10714
here's a picture of the blockwireing loom 011.jpg
I bridge the one set of wires buy the fuse block behind the batterywireing loom 001.jpg and also removed diode from blue wire which i thought might have been the problemwireing loom 003.jpg
there is also a wire spliced with a spade connection this plugged into the wiring harness of the alarm wireing loom 010.jpg this is all the wires from the alarm the problem I got all lights horn etc work bike turns over but want start can't ear fuel pump working I think I'm missing a bridge to the fuel pump any help would be appreciative.
Gareth
Old 04-05-12, 04:38 PM   #2
Gibby

Default Re: datatool 3 removal

Just a update I had the volt meter on the fuel pump I'm not getting live feed to yellow & red wire.
Old 04-05-12, 06:56 PM   #3
flymo
Mega Poster

you got a wiring diagram and a meter?
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 09:44 PM   #4
Gibby

yes Iv'e got the wire diagram but it's hard to distinguish were it goes as it splits to the ecu relays and blank plugs. just thought someone might have removed one and could tell me were they removed or bridged the wiring loom, I'll investigate a bit more tomoz or might get a wiring loom of ebay at least it will look factory fitted apposed to a taped up wiring loom.
Old 04-05-12, 09:51 PM   #5
joshwalker094
Mega Poster

my datatool 3 alarm decided to not work with the fobs the otherday aswell, but finally after 10 minutes of button pressing it beeped and i quickly got the bike going, and its been fine since, i hadnt touched the bike for a week or two so maybe the sensor lost charge idk, good luck with sorting it out anyway
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
Josh Walker sounds quite an epic name to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
JOSH WALKERRRRRRRRRRRR

joshwalker094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 10:49 PM   #6
Serdna

Can sometimes be a problem in the fob too. Sometimes just taking the batteries out, wiping them bending the battery clip a bit and putting it all back together fixes it. Seems you are committed now though, i have thought about doing it to mine, the datatool 3 is such an annoying alarm system.
Old 05-05-12, 07:38 AM   #7
bikeramy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalker094 View Post
my datatool 3 alarm decided to not work with the fobs the otherday aswell, but finally after 10 minutes of button pressing it beeped and i quickly got the bike going, and its been fine since, i hadnt touched the bike for a week or two so maybe the sensor lost charge idk, good luck with sorting it out anyway
This happened to me, I read the manual and the warning alarms had set of 3 times so it protected the bike by immobilising, put the key in ignition whist holding the arm button and the fobs will start working again.

People did the system 3 alarm but if fitted correctly I'm sure it would do its job, I'm prett happy with mine so far, touch wood. I make sure to always have the manual on reach.
Old 05-05-12, 07:39 AM   #8
bikeramy

Oh and if you ain't touched it for a week or 2 it went into sleep mode to conserve battery. Mine does this all the time when garaged for a few weeks.
Old 05-05-12, 08:28 AM   #9
Gibby

The alarm started playing up I could turn the alarm on off with both fobs then 2 mins later nothing the light on the fobs were flashing. So in my eyes a fault in the alarm system anyway the alarm is removed. the problem I got I,m not getting power to the fuel pump as when you put the key to on it does not prime. but I think I'm missing something as I've only bridged 1 cut in the wires the 1 behind the battery in the bit that has the 2 fuses (second pic) I'm sure they immobilize 2 which I think is the fuel system.
Old 05-05-12, 08:56 AM   #10
Gibby

I've searched the internet removal of datatool 3 and it seems I've completed the task for removal so I tested the yellow wire from the relay to the fuel pump dead no reading the other 3 pins have 12v readings. so could it be a relay?