SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-02-22, 06:43 PM   #61
Ruffy

Default Re: if it ain't BoZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
... yes, that's the way police investigations are normally handled, I'm sure. ...
This isn't the police disclosing their information. It's just Sue Gray opening her working files for the man who commissioned her work. Different channel of access. (The fact the it's probably mostly the same material is a convenience or inconvenience depending on where you stand.)

'The Crown' won't release it's case evidence to until it has to when a prosecution is brought against a defendant. As you say, will it get as far as a prosecution in Boris's case? Anyone's guess - i've got no idea!
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-22, 07:44 PM   #62
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
This isn't the police disclosing their information. It's just Sue Gray opening her working files for the man who commissioned her work. Different channel of access. (The fact the it's probably mostly the same material is a convenience or inconvenience depending on where you stand.)

'The Crown' won't release it's case evidence to until it has to when a prosecution is brought against a defendant. As you say, will it get as far as a prosecution in Boris's case? Anyone's guess - i've got no idea!
Yes, I doubt the police hardly ever disclose all the evidence they have against somebody before they question them.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 07:51 AM   #63
Seeker
Mega Poster

"Living with covid"

I suppose if you're unable to follow rules not having any makes perfect sense.

If only Putin had invaded Ukraines' Donbass region earlier BoZo wouldn't have needed this distraction.
Old 24-02-22, 10:57 AM   #64
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
....... Putin might be many things but stupid isn't one of them ........
Oh well, I was totally wrong on that one .......
(not for the first time)
Old 24-02-22, 11:20 AM   #65
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putin
we are not going to invade Ukraine
I suppose that's what politicians call a misquote or we didn't understand the answer.

next quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putin
we are not going to occupy Ukraine
(but we may install a puppet government that is controlled by us)
Old 24-02-22, 07:46 PM   #66
svenrico

' Biden warned that Putin will likely not stop his expansion with Ukraine.
“He has much larger ambitions than Ukraine. He wants to, in fact, re-establish the former Soviet Union. That’s what this is about,” said Biden.'
As I said somewhere else I think. That is when NATO will come in and god knows where it will end.
Old 24-02-22, 08:55 PM   #67
ethariel

Putin is doing 'An Adolf' start taking little bites and see if anyone is prepared to go to wwar over each bite, once he has a big mouthfull it may be too late to do anything about it.

However European/Med holidays booked this year? I'd think again.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-22, 09:44 PM   #68
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Putin is doing 'An Adolf' start taking little bites and see if anyone is prepared to go to wwar over each bite, once he has a big mouthfull it may be too late to do anything about it.

However European/Med holidays booked this year? I'd think again.
Crazy bas*ard Putin is trying to start world war 3.
Old 25-02-22, 09:41 AM   #69
Craig380
Mega Poster

A friend of mine is an economic analyst based in Moscow, the company he works at advises investors and traders on Russian market conditions.

Since yesterday morning they've had all their clients screaming "Why the f*ck didn't you tell us this was going to happen?" The answer that most Russian military / economic experts have been giving is, they really didn't expect it: they expected Putin's usual bluff as he'd already achieved what he set out to do (get Ukraine to back away from NATO).

It's not implausible to suggest that Putin actually has lost it in some way.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-22, 10:36 AM   #70
embee
Mega Poster

A lot of commentators on the media over the last few days have all said that they met Putin some few years ago and had reasonable interaction with him (all things considered), but he is now a totally different person. He certainly gives the impression of having changed personality quite dramatically.
Sometimes with these sort of characters they go over the line of what even their supporters will tolerate. Mind you, that line is usually pretty extreme, consider Idi Amin or Gaddafi, and anyone even combing their hair the wrong way is likely to get dragged out the back and disposed of.

I do wish our govt and ministers wouldn't adopt the usual tedious jingoistic self-centred flag-waving stance when presenting what is going on. It's not about the UK. We need to openly work alongside the rest of the West and show that we are more co-operative. I'm sure we are, behind the scenes, but it doesn't really come across that way. I don't know why we couldn't agree with the USA/EU as to who/what to sanction and all do it together, we seem to have been one step behind so far. Could it be the Londongrad effect?