SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-08-06, 09:22 AM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Lydden footage

Ok it would seems that quite a few of the CDs I burnt and handed out on the day were corrupt … I hope the drive isn’t knacked as the laptop is only a few months old!!

Anyhoo, did anyone get some CDs that worked? And is anyone into video editing? The files are pretty big uncompressed and full length. I don’t have the webspace to host them myself, or any proper video editing software.

If someone is into this sort of thing (didn’t necessarily have to be on the day) I’ll mail them a DVD containing all the footage and hopefully they can compress with DivX (or whatever) and host and post the links on here?

Anyone?

Oh and untill then, there was some chap with a camera taking pics from the sideline, where did they end up?
Old 07-08-06, 09:30 AM   #2
Samnooshka

There was Rigor with My camera, they're getting sorted out today. and Mr. Toad had the other camera. there should be some good shots
Old 07-08-06, 09:31 AM   #3
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Do you mean Mr Toad (red SV1000 naked), he's off on holiday for 2 weeks so you might have to wait until after then.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 10:20 AM   #4
Mr Toad

Hi, not going until tomorrow, frantically packing today

I got a bit carried away and took somewhere in the region of 600 pics (damn that motorwind ), which works out at about 1.6GB of pics. I've stuck them on a DVD and given them to Jambo so he might post a few. If anyone wants a full set on DVD, drop me a PM and I'll sort one when I get back in a fortnight.

I'm going to endevour to post at least 1 or 2 of everybody later today - believe me when I say there are lots of everybody . . .

Right, off to find the camping stove . . .

Here's a few to be getting on with . . .

Raf and Debs

This guy must have been the wrong side of 90mph when cornering . . .

Old 07-08-06, 10:40 AM   #5
jambo
Mega Poster

I have a copy of Toad's DVD to be sure. I will try and sort them out by person during this week. But this appears to give between 30 and 80MB per head depending on how much Toad liked the look of you. (There are quite a few of Samnooshka )

If anyone wants a CD with just them or a DVD of everything let me know and I can bring some copys to Soho and probably email a few of the best of everyone if they just want a few shots for the desktop. PMs are probably the easiest way forwards.

Edit: I'm more than happy to post disks of the "Toad Cam (C)" but could people let me know what you looked like if you want a few shots emailed for now (Lid colour, leathers type, curvey/pointy, bike colour etc) or just give me an address and I'll get a full disk to you. May not be till next week but I would aim to get a few shots emailed within the day to keep you going till then!
/Edit

All the best
Jambo.
Old 07-08-06, 11:37 AM   #6
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Okay - my CD was corrupt - the first two session are fine but number 3 was screwed. However I have salvaged the majority of it (just lost the last 3 minutes) and will cut something together over the next day or two!

Will keep you posted.

Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 07:29 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar
Okay - my CD was corrupt - the first two session are fine but number 3 was screwed. However I have salvaged the majority of it (just lost the last 3 minutes) and will cut something together over the next day or two!

Will keep you posted.

Luke
Cool, I have burnt sessions 4-7 to another CD, if you PM me your postal address I'll pop it in the post and then you will have/can do the whole lot!!
Old 07-08-06, 08:59 PM   #8
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Ok, have got an edit of everyone (except weaselz - didn't appear once in the first 3 sessions!) Tried to pick everyone's best bits and give a few corners to each person.

File size is rather big, though - need to get them down quite a lot and then find some webspace to host it.

Will PM you and address
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 09:01 PM   #9
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar
Ok, have got an edit of everyone (except weaselz - didn't appear once in the first 3 sessions!) Tried to pick everyone's best bits and give a few corners to each person.

File size is rather big, though - need to get them down quite a lot and then find some webspace to host it.

Will PM you and address
How big? I can host if needed.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 09:30 PM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Ok, after hearing about the faulty ‘burns’ I have just tested my laptops CD/DVD writer to see if it is knacked, and what better to test with than the Lydden clips

It killed 2 more CDs before it did a good one, but burnt the first DVD fine … I guess it might not like the CDs or I was just lucky with the DVD??

Anyway, I am going to post the CD to lukemillar as it has the clips he is missing (there is some good footage of weasels … and well everyone in session 4! ).

As for the DVD which contains everything, Weazelz was the first to ask and has given me his address, so I will post it to him.

Oh and I have had an idea, so I don’t have to do/post a copy for everyone, we might as well get that copy to do the postal rounds, people can take a copy and post it on.

Weazelz, the next to ask was rigor (well Sammy), so when you have copied it, if you could post it to them (rigor you PM weazelz your addy and pester him in a few days for it!! ). It can do the rounds from there, so start pestering rigor if you want a copy!!