SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-11-14, 03:50 PM   #1
Stenno

Arrow GSX-R750 Track Bike Conversion

Hey all!

So I've finally gotten around to taking a look at my crashed bike with a plan to convert it to a track bike. As you may recall, I was knocked off my bike by some twerp pulling a ridiculous pass on me, resulting in this...

I've stripped the tail on the most part and also managed to get her running again having discovered a broken connection to the fuel pump...

I've a long list of parts needed:-
Rear brake lever
Exhaust can
Subframe
Plastics
Tank

Has anyone got any advice as to conversions? Or any weblinks to people who have already documented the process?

I will be ditching the lights and indicators (Will this cause any issues with the ECU?). What else can I ditch?

My original can was about 102db which was borderline in places. Should I go back to a stock can (as I need a new one anyway)?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 06-11-14, 04:06 PM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSX-R750 Track Bike Conversion

What you need to do:
Not very much, make the bike structurally OK and you should be good.

If you want track plastics I've been recommended Ricambi weiss by people in the past, which would save looking for OE plastics, and hopefully save some money.

I'd say you should be able to pick up a cheap can and make sure it has enough packing and a baffle in case you're visiting a quieter circuit. Don't get fussy about the make

Jambo
Old 06-11-14, 04:09 PM   #3
Stenno

Default Re: GSX-R750 Track Bike Conversion

Thanks Jambo!