SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-09-15, 09:18 PM   #2531
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

buying shims for fork valves. all i want is to buy some shims not fek them up the back passage. i really dont understand what the problem is. is there some secret hand shake or willy waving involved.

me.. i would like to buy shims to replace the worn out/deformed ones i have
them.. well sir if you send the forks in we can do the work for you
me.. no i can do the work myself, i just want to buy some shims
them.. sorry we dont sell shims to the public

WTF.. if this was the states it would be what sizes and how many.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-15, 09:25 PM   #2532
Nutsinatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
buying shims for fork valves. all i want is to buy some shims not fek them up the back passage. i really dont understand what the problem is. is there some secret hand shake or willy waving involved.

me.. i would like to buy shims to replace the worn out/deformed ones i have
them.. well sir if you send the forks in we can do the work for you
me.. no i can do the work myself, i just want to buy some shims
them.. sorry we dont sell shims to the public

WTF.. if this was the states it would be what sizes and how many.
That's the same as Suzuki, won't sell me the bolt, grommet and shoulder washer from my fairing lowers that I've lost but they offered to sell me a whole fairing fitting kit instead. eBay it is then.
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-15, 10:41 AM   #2533
Stenno

Overweight parents with overweight kids. A form of child neglect IMO. I watch lots of people walk past my house on the way to the local school and some families are frightening. One overweight child this morning was tucking into the biggest milkshake I've seen.
Old 18-09-15, 12:18 PM   #2534
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenno View Post
Overweight parents with overweight kids. A form of child neglect IMO. I watch lots of people walk past my house on the way to the local school and some families are frightening. One overweight child this morning was tucking into the biggest milkshake I've seen.
and your perfect?
Old 18-09-15, 12:48 PM   #2535
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

You must live in the street where all the parking spaces are then!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-15, 12:53 PM   #2536
Stenno

Quote:
and your perfect?

No one is perfect (^You're*) but I don't believe it's fair when parents over feed their kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-09-15, 12:55 PM   #2537
Stenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
You must live in the street where all the parking spaces are then!

Yep. Half go to local workers avoiding parking charges and the other half go to parents dropping off their kids. Occasionally they even park across our drive.

Old 18-09-15, 03:25 PM   #2538
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
No one is perfect (^You're*) but I don't believe it's fair when parents over feed their kids.

i see the opposite where i stay, junkie parents underfeeding their kids but in the eyes of others they look healthy.

i have a friend who i have known all my life. he is fat and always has been but comes from a deprived alcoholic single mother family and as such did not get fed well, his sister is exactly the same so how come they are fat but their brother from a different father is as skinny as a rake.

have you thought that the family in question might be depressed due to the child getting bullied due to their looks or have a genetic condition.
Old 18-09-15, 03:42 PM   #2539
Stenno

Quote:
i see the opposite where i stay, junkie parents underfeeding their kids but in the eyes of others they look healthy.

i have a friend who i have known all my life. he is fat and always has been but comes from a deprived alcoholic single mother family and as such did not get fed well, his sister is exactly the same so how come they are fat but their brother from a different father is as skinny as a rake.

have you thought that the family in question might be depressed due to the child getting bullied due to their looks or have a genetic condition.

Depression doesn't excuse over feeding/eating. Yes there will some cases whereby a genetic condition is involved, but the majority of parents with overweight children will cling to notions such as 'it's cruel to deny him sweets' or 'he's just big boned' or 'he takes after his dad' etc etc. too many people know too little about nutrition and we're witnessing the first generation of people to die younger than their parents due to the wrong food choices and lack of movement.

Old 18-09-15, 04:07 PM   #2540
Bibio
Mega Poster

there are many forms of depression and it affects different people in different ways and surprise surprise comfort eating is one of them.

dont get me wrong i do understand what you are saying but dont judge a book by its cover. ok its not the child's fault that they were born into said family but the child was and the parents are only doing what they know to raise their child. once that child is old enough to make their own decisions then they can. would you rather the state stepped in and put the child into care and if you think yes then you might as well condemn society.

there is nothing wrong with being fat. being obese on the other hand is a different kettle of fish.

Last edited by Bibio; 18-09-15 at 04:22 PM.