SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-01-12, 09:36 AM   #1
plowsie

Thumbs down MCE Insurance...again

Little bit of background information...Haven't had an insurance policy for nearly 2 years now, the last being with MCE. Due to me cancelling my insurance, I had to pay a redemption figure for a couple of months after cancelling to fully pay up my insurance to the end of it's term. All settled up and paid off.

Phone call from Mum yesterday, 'you have a letter with the heading Debt recovery', racked my brains for 20 mins about what it could be, couldn't think of any DD's I may have missed etc so said open it...It's MCE wanting £75.75 from me within 3 days otherwise county court action will be taken against me.

Call them, woman admits she can see I paid up over 18 months ago and cannot understand why I have had this just out of the blue but is going to refer to a manager to check my debt over...

Helmets.
Old 19-01-12, 12:58 PM   #2
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: MCE Insurance...again

Tell them you will see them in court. The courts don't like having their time wasted by useless compaines.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 01:26 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

If they do issue a writ against you for god sake appear even though you know they have made a mistake.

You fail to appear they could get a default judgment against you.
Old 19-01-12, 02:47 PM   #4
NTECUK
Mega Poster

My sister got one from an internet provider.
Had to take a day of work to appear and show the prof on her bank statement she had paid them what end statment sum was.
Luckly she kept all the papperwork.
Never got jack for her inconvinience though.
Old 19-01-12, 06:51 PM   #5
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Tell them you will see them in court. The courts don't like having their time wasted by useless compaines.
Oh yes do it! Nail it to them. MCE are utter cretins!

I have still not forgiven them for miss-selling my policy and then cancelling my insurance with out even so much as a polite phone call, which in turn left me riding uninsured.

MCE, the words fail me. Do please see them in court and do please post up their utter humiliation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 10:17 AM   #6
plowsie

Called them yesterday to sort...

They were adamant that someone needed to look into it still...I refused to put the phone down and simply called back for the same person until they passed me to a manager or gave me a reasonable answer as to why after 18 or so months it was perfectly fine to all of a sudden send me threatening letters after no warning or requests previous.

Bottom line of it was, there was a recent audit done and this was the amount outstanding, which I still claimed to be absolute bullsh1t. Told them how I was going to happily go to court and see this through because they were making a massive mistake as I had proof of no contact from them just this threatening letter and them confirming that I had fully completed as all of my telephone conversations were through a recorded work telephone system - chin up. All of a sudden a manager was available and the debt was wiped. Suprise.

Pushed my luck asking for a letter of apology, but they are writing to me to confirm the debt has been cleared.
Old 20-01-12, 10:26 AM   #7
speedplay

Not good plowsie

I have to admit though, I know these guys have had a slating on here before But I used them for two years with no problems.
All paperwork was in order, I always pay for insurance up front so no credit but have never had to claim with them.
Maybe it would have been different if I had actually had to use the insurance, but I'll never know.

Bennetts on the other hand, were a right shower of s***
Old 20-01-12, 12:03 PM   #8
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Not good plowsie

I have to admit though, I know these guys have had a slating on here before But I used them for two years with no problems.
All paperwork was in order, I always pay for insurance up front so no credit but have never had to claim with them.
Maybe it would have been different if I had actually had to use the insurance, but I'll never know.

Bennetts on the other hand, were a right shower of s***
Everyone has at least one story to tell of ****ty insurers. I was with Bennetts when I had my mishap. They were excellent. Sorted out getting me home at no cost to me along with my bike at a time specified by me. That's service. I also needed to call them to finalise some other things after I had re-insured with someone else. They sorted it all out and kept me up to date every step of the way. I really couldn't have asked for more.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 12:25 PM   #9
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Everyone has at least one story to tell of ****ty insurers. I was with Bennetts when I had my mishap. They were excellent. Sorted out getting me home at no cost to me along with my bike at a time specified by me. That's service. I also needed to call them to finalise some other things after I had re-insured with someone else. They sorted it all out and kept me up to date every step of the way. I really couldn't have asked for more.
I think that's the case Scoobs, sometimes people just fall unlucky with an insurer and others don't. I'd argue Motorcycle Direct were the best insurers I ever had, yet I've seen people complain about them.
Old 20-01-12, 02:43 PM   #10
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

I have had a look at a few internet review sites and there are complaints about almost every insurance company out there, however when you look at the details it becomes clear that some companies are far worse than others. Reviews of MCE are pretty poor.

This is what MCE say about themselves.

This is an independent review site with reviews of MCE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote