SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2014 Annual Rideout This years big get together

Old 11-01-14, 12:15 AM   #31
davepreston

Default Re: Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread

well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood
Old 11-01-14, 12:21 AM   #32
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 02:40 PM   #33
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
well this is going to be sh ite
wont know before hand whats stocked in the bar (cos bibio cant see over the top of one)
little old man will live up to his namesake and get us lost or stop every 5 mins to tell us about a tree of significant importance from his time in the home guard in "the war "
and no one is going to know where to be and at what time because andy smith only speaks wookie

were doomed all doomed I tell yee

so no worries booking it off next week, gem is sorting the lodgings tomorrow, locating a suitable huge brandy bottle (and a whisky as well why the hell not) in a few days, bang off every penny possible from the credit card so I can have FULL use of its available balance while propping up the bar (that bibio cant see over while listening to LOM ramble on about the war and laughing at people trying to understand the wookie)

all is gooooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
Beer fines increase by another 300%.

Or you can consolidate your debts this into one easy payment of open bar at the Cheviot Hotel

sounds like dave is proper ******
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 03:40 PM   #34
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Nah skint and sober!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-14, 06:56 PM   #35
AJC

Just saw this, looks good! Congrats lads.

And it's close enough I can make it without completely dying of discomfort on my hard wooden bench, sorry.. i mean bike...
Old 14-01-14, 08:16 AM   #36
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Sounds like a great plan this year, well done guys.

I have just got back from 1600 miles round Thailand - now that would be a great place for an AR. Guaranteed sun, cheap beer and accommodation, great food, and a ladyboy show in the evening to keep us entertained. Getting the bikes there might take a while though. And the brandy is rough as a badgers bum so Dave Preston wouldn't like it (and it's practically France too).

I need to ask the boss nicely if I can have that weekend off as we have some low key matches on at Lord's. Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there. He's keen to camp, I'm keener to have a proper bed/shower/breakfast/access to a plug point for my hair straighteners so would rather B&B or hotel it. As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.
Old 14-01-14, 08:41 AM   #37
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Book the bunk house LPH
Old 14-01-14, 08:46 AM   #38
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Then Chris8886 and I will probably van it up there.*As it's such a long way it may be worth making a proper weekend of it and doing Friday to Monday if others are doing the same.
Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-14, 09:31 AM   #39
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Book the bunk house LPH
Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Why not make it a proper biking weekend and ride? Take the extra couple of days and build a brilliant route and have that sense of achievement it'll be well worth it.
Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.
Old 14-01-14, 09:50 AM   #40
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Hmmmm, I know some of the people staying in that bunkhouse and the snoring decibel level would mean I could probably still hear them from a hotel 3 miles away.

Chris suggested the van idea. Assuming he has a licence it means we could split the driving and arrive a little less tired than biking up with loads of gear. This also assumes my buttocks will have recovered from Thailand. ER6 - not so much a motorcycle as a torture device for the bum and shoulders, especially off roading on road tyres.
If you weren't such a soft southern your sleep in the van
Van = wood and your fier bowl so that is a top idea if they allow it