SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-08, 07:55 PM   #1
Biker_Billy

Default A Recommendation...

Had a bit of trouble stripping the forks on the CBR to replace the seals (don't ask...). Thought I should seek some professional help (for the bike, not me), and gave this guy a call, as he's not far away.

Went down the next day, with the forks, and it turned out that to get the damper rod out, a thin thickness spanner was needed to get a good purchase on the top nut whilst countering the damper rod bolt.

This chap helpfully ground down 2 of his spanners to make them thinner to fit, and helped me do the fork oil change and re-assembly.

He is ex RAC (18 years), and his passion is bikes. He has had a bike featured in a magazine (customised GSX1400) which he pretty much built from scratch, as well has just secured a contract to build a trike for a customer (approx 14k build).

He is happy to do anything from basic maintenance (oil and filter etc..) up to the more 'involved' stuff.

Didn't know the guy at all until the weekend, but someone starting up their own business, with a real passion for bikes, and good labour rates (25 quid / hr), I think deserves support - so hence why I'm posting this.

If there are any jobs which you can't / don't want to do, give this guy a call - heartily recommended:

Liskeard Motorcycles
Peter Lawrie - 01579 349135, 07765 866800
Unit 7, Rundle Court, Miller Business Park, Liskeard, Cornwall. PL14 4DA.

Cheers,

BB.

Old 09-10-08, 08:14 PM   #2
Vickster

Default Re: A Recommendation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Billy View Post
If there are any jobs which you can't / don't want to do, give this guy a call - heartily recommended:

Cheers,

BB.

Cool, I will ask him round to do the hoovering

Closed Thread