SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-03-09, 07:18 PM   #1
Paws

Default Open evening at Pure triumph in woburn, Bedford

Last night was at Pure Truimphs new store in Woburn , Bedford, with work and got to see the un-veiling of the new Thunderbird that they ahve bought out as competition against harley davidson, and there was also a tasty street fightered 675...Over 525 people turned up!!
Link to piccies:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=e2f635d8af
Old 20-03-09, 09:32 PM   #2
wyrdness

Default Re: Open evening at Pure triumph in woburn, Bedford

Nice photos. I really don't like the look of that new T-bird. It looks like a Harley with a parallel twin engine, which is just wrong on all counts. I guess that it's mostly for the US market, but I'm not even convinced that they'll go for it. It just screams 'fake Harley' to me. I think that they should have done something more original, rather than copying. I predict a big FAIL for Triumph on this one. They always seem to fail when they copy others and succeed when they do their own thing.

The old T-bird sport was a very handsome bike. It's a pity that they don't make something like that any more.

I do like that Bonnie scrambler with the Arrow pipe. Wouldn't mind one as a plaything bike the pipe alone is around £700 iirc and the stock pipe looks and sounds pants.

I'm not convinced by that fightered 675, the Street Triple looks better.
Old 20-03-09, 10:03 PM   #3
zsv650

Default Re: Open evening at Pure triumph in woburn, Bedford

i kinda like it if you want a cruiser then i'd rather have something with more than just a badge to look at knowing triumph it'll handle and actually go alright they knows what their doing.