SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-06-19, 04:39 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Classic Suzuki track day

Classic Suzuki track day tomorrow (Sat 29 Jun) at Cadwell.

http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/classic-suzuki/

Allegedly, we may get warm, sunny weather. On the Humber bank yesterday and today it was 16°C and the sun didn't appear till 3:30pm.

I haven't been to Cadwell since the 70s, no noise limits back then, I'm curious to see/hear how that affects the experience.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 11:43 AM   #2
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Classic Suzuki track day

Cadwell has grown up; it looks and feels more professional than when I was last there. They were sound testing bikes and the two stroke crackle seemed as loud as ever but since my ears weren't ringing like I'd been to a rock concert, the bikes must have been quieter.

Castrol R - what can I say, it's still a wonderful smell (to me). A couple of people I know were riding - one on a 400 Bandit and the other on a RGV250, so I watched them, had a natter and left before I melted.

Weather turned out beautiful but I had had my doubts since it was foggy at 5:30am
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 06:01 PM   #3
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Foggy summer mornings often turn into hot days as the fog is a sign of lower overnight temps due to clear sky....

Love the smell of Castrol R though, they say the connection between the nose and brain is the quickest in your body and some smells can instantly trigger memories.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 07:44 AM   #4
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Classic Suzuki track day tomorrow (Sat 29 Jun) at Cadwell.

http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/classic-suzuki/

Allegedly, we may get warm, sunny weather. On the Humber bank yesterday and today it was 16°C and the sun didn't appear till 3:30pm.

I haven't been to Cadwell since the 70s, no noise limits back then, I'm curious to see/hear how that affects the experience.

Do you think the Bloop would be competitive if fitted with some slicks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk