SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-07-19, 05:17 PM   #1
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Who makes good leathers?

Hi folks

It’s been a long time since I’ve shopped for leathers and apparently it shows . I’m still rocking a race suit I bought when I was a teenager and I’m getting a lot of sunburn on my wrists not to mention the occasional button popping open thanks to misieur Guinéss .

In my day Alpinestars were an okay brand ( if a little posey) I’ve now learned they’ve been bought out by Oxford Horrors who it is alleged produce unsafe tat.

Can anyone tell me who still produce quality (ideally tested... by someone else!) leathers - 1.4mm or thicker. Hideout used to be a good name but seem to
remember them being mostly made to measure and also misty out of my price range . Are Wolf still good? What about Furygan? Any others ?
Old 15-07-19, 05:33 PM   #2
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Who makes good leathers?

I had a jacket made by Scotts Leathers http://www.scottleathers.co.uk/ last year which I like. Their website wasn't that great last time I checked but the product is good. They're in Barnard Castle Co. Durham
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 05:58 PM   #3
Scittyf

I think it's a case of making sure they fit well and you are comfortable in them.

I bought strada but got a full one piece that fitted correctly and i liked the look. Also the price was good as it was end of the season. 200 all in. I was pleased with that.

Other than that my second choice was fury gan buy to be honest I'm sure like most things it's more brand snobbery than the actual kit.
Scittyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 10:25 PM   #4
Heorot

I live in Norfolk and the local independent store is Acesport, formerly Ace Leathers in Norwich.

https://www.acesport-motorcycleclothing.uk/.

They design their own stuff and get it made in Pakistan. Prices are reasonable and what I have seen is good quality.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 10:18 PM   #5
zsv650s

I have a furygan apex suit and have been dead impressed really flexible good quality and looks decent I think.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-19, 11:23 AM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Cheers , they are looking very appealing. I'll try locate a shop and see how all the above fit me and prices.

Thanks all
Old 29-07-19, 09:43 PM   #7
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I love my Hideout leathers. They do off the peg, made to measure or a sort of off the peg tweaked. They score highly in tests, and if you did damage them they can be repaired or have panels replaced on site.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 30-07-19, 12:36 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

Scott Leathers... simples.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote