SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-02-05, 11:08 AM   #1
valleyboy

Default Insurance dragging their feet...

Right, some may know of my plight with my bike...

I currently have a hire bike.. which is a nekkid SV650 K3.. so no biggie problems there!

BUT! I went to the garage where my bike is currently awaiting repairs to see if there was any news....

They have heard bugger all off anyone.... well over a week ago I made all the phone calls to the insurance companies, but nout has been done in over a week. I didnt phone the other blokes insurance company, as BLD under my insurance said they will do all that.. after giving them all the other blokes insurance details.

Well, they havent done a single thing. So now Im tempted to ring up 3rd partis insurnace, and ask them what the heck is happening.. I WANT MY BIKE BACK!
Or at least know when they give the go ahead to fix the damned thing!

The thing is... Im scared silly that they may not cough up for the hire bike.... which is daft I know, as my bike is currently unsafe to ride.. it could be made safe.. if somebody pulls their finger out!!!!!!!!!

Any tips here.. Im tempted to pay for some of the repairs just to get it back on the road.. and wai for the insurance to do their bit now....

cheers!
Old 27-02-05, 11:09 AM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Im over 2 years down the line and still waiting to be paid out! Its not right.
I eneded up reapiaring my own bike.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-05, 12:13 PM   #3
wheelnut

A slightly different case, but when I worked in a car dealership, if a customer had an accident, the hire car was normally only paid for, for a week or 10 days, unless it could be proved that the problem was a supply problem from the factory.

I know several customers who got a big bill at the end of the claim procedure. This also worked on warranty cases.

I should call your insurer just to verify who is paying for the rental
Old 28-02-05, 09:04 AM   #4
valleyboy

Could I be dropping myself in it if I contact the other insurance company direct?? I dont know how they woulld react if they havent heard anything
Old 04-03-05, 12:46 PM   #5
SVeeedy Gonzales

Hi

I was knocked off my T(rusty) old Kwak ER-5 in Mid December (hit from behind by white van man... while I was sitting at a set of red lights... )

I was with Benetts and they put me in touch with BLD and got me a hire bike within a few days, then I didn't hear anything until middle of Jan when I was told the bike was a write-off... since then I've got the cash for the bike value (and more for the salvage) but the injury and clothing are still going through.

In the end the call about the money I'd get for the bike came from the 3rd party insurance company. I wasn't too upset as I had the hire bike for 1500 miles and over a month...

Basically they all take ages to get things sorted; I guess it's not as imprtant to them as it is to us, so long as the hire company get paid out for the bike, the solicitors get paid for chasing the third party, etc. That said, you should still have heard something within a month of the accident, assuming that they're putting their hands up and not trying to wriggle on a "shared fault" excuse??

I don't expect to get any money back for the clothing, etc. for at least another month... though on the plus side I've now got a shiny new SV instead of a rusty old ER5
Old 08-03-05, 08:09 PM   #6
elmerfud

Default .

Don't hold your breath.

Father-in-law only got his bike back last week from his accident last June.