SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-12-18, 06:03 PM   #31
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: the rights of the citizen versus society

That depends on which form the aversion therapy takes.
Old 10-12-18, 06:11 PM   #32
Bibio
Mega Poster

i think its finland that has the lowest reoffender crime. they do this by rehabilitation but its done properly or is it a case of the people are actually nicer to start with.....

you have to remember that in this country the yobs would let their mates fuk their granny and video it..... what hope is there when people have that kind of mentality... how do you deal with it?????????

Last edited by Bibio; 10-12-18 at 06:14 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 06:40 PM   #33
Bibio
Mega Poster

BTW this is the kind of people i have to deal with on a daily basis https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/man...wear-1-4787991

ROFL....
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 06:59 PM   #34
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

One of the problems we have is that the worlds systems are very different. In many countries prison is used extensively whilst in others corporal punishment and prison, in those countries this will distort the return to prison figures. The other BIG problem is that virtually all of the studies and reports are politically biased one way or the other. It is very difficult to find for example the murder rate per capita vs the execution rate per capita. There is also a lack of accurate data (do you believe the Mexico rate here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate ) and local issues like Iran's hatred of the drug trade and the fact that it's now the preferred route for opium from Afghanistan to Europe. All in all a minefield unless you've a great deal more time than me.

Getting back to moped thugs. Personally I like the idea of flogging folk. Not because it is shown to be any more effective than prison (seems to work for the human traffickers & slavers mind, not that I'm advocating those levels of violence) not as a punishment or revenge, but just because it's quick, easy and cheap. Please lets not think about fines. They only work on the people with something to loose or an income the authorities know about. In the case of the moped thieves they are signing on whilst saying they're living with their mum when in fact have a partner whose name is on the rent book so effectively no tele or playstation for the bailiffs to take so no incentive to pay a fine.

Last edited by littleoldman2; 10-12-18 at 07:03 PM.
littleoldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 07:57 PM   #35
maviczap
Mega Poster

This has been going round on FB, whether its true or not, its a good read

This is brilliant. Received yesterday.......

Hi all.

I just sent this email to Diane Abbott in response to her latest social media output. Please use with permission but maybe take my name out.

Dear Ms Abbott,

I hope you are able to read this email yourself as I think it’s something that may assist you, and more importantly the Labour Party.

I wish to discuss your social media comment which has been quoted as “Knocking people off bikes is potentially very dangerous. It shouldn’t be legal for anyone. Police are not above the law”

I wish to address your unconsidered remarks.

1. Agreed. Knocking people off of bikes is potentially very dangerous. That risk is balanced off of the strength and evidence of what these thugs have done.
Having worked in a busy London Borough as a Response Officer I feel more knowledgable than you in regards to my job. These people, usually gang members steal these mopeds and motor bikes. They then go on to perform many awful and serious crimes on these stolen bikes. The vehicles will not be insured, the riders will not have the correct licence to ride them and also have NO regard for the safety of those whom they terrorise on a daily basis. If stopping them leads to potential danger, then I believe this is a worthwhile pursuit. Stop for Police when requested to do so and you won’t be nudged off by the Police. It’s really that simple.

2. “It shouldn’t be legal for anyone”
I would like to bring to your attention To Common Law Powers which include Section 3 of the Criminal Law act 1967. This enables ANY person to use such force as is ncececcery in arresting or assisting the arrest of a criminal. Despite your best wishes it is legal for EVERYONE.

3. “Police are not above the law”
Erm... well this is awkward seeing as you’re the current Shadow Home Secretary. Police Officers actually ARE above some laws. We have exemptions to do things which non warranted members of the public are unable to do. This includes driving at over the speed limit, using blue lights on a vehicle, using a hand held mobile device while driving, not wearing a seat belt, driving through red lights, arresting people, using Section 117 PACE to use powers which are all above what’s known as ‘Law’ to other people. We have powers that mean we can look into and down load mobile phones. We can enter someone’s house without permission and not be breaking the law. Police ARE above the law. Not all of them but we do have powers above non warranted civilians. Oh and let’s not forget we can park on yellow lines. In fact... we can block and close a whole motorway if we deem it necessary.

Your anti Police rhetoric has gone on for decades. I recently emailed Mr Corbyn stating that your current role as Shadow Home Secretary is putting a lot of Police Officers at odds of voting for labour in the upcoming election. I received a reply which must have been for someone else as in true politicians style it’s appeared to answer someone else’s question and not the one I posed.

You appear to be ignorant to the role of Police Officer and don’t seem to have any wish, professionally or personally to seek out advice from Police Officers before fixing your colours to the mast.

Us Police Officers have worked VERY hard over this last decade with a pay cut in real terms. Our numbers have been slashed and we now carry a heavier burden than ever before. We are proud people. We save lives. We also change lives. We shape our communities by locking up dangerous criminals. We do this because we care. A criminal on a moped? Oh we will love taking them off of the streets and locking them up. The public are safer and much better off if we are allowed to do our jobs.

If you don’t like the Police (and I have so much evidence that you are anti Police) then become the change you would like to see. Become a special Constable or a PCSO and see how the other half live.

Just stop with the hatred. We don’t need to be battered by the current Home Secretary AND the Shadow Home Secretary.

Yours,

PC 'name removed'
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 09:18 PM   #36
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Just shows what a stupid c0w abbot is, a liability to any party, but because she is Labour that is fine with me, another nail in their electoral c0ff1n......

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 09:28 PM   #37
shiftin_gear98

That's a good post.
I still think they should reverse back over the little ****ers though.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote