SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-08, 10:53 AM   #1
Pedro68

Default Anyone do the Wirral Egg Run?

Does anyone do the Wirral egg run?

This year I'm hoping to take part in my first!

It's a spectacle to behold even as a non-biker with approximately somewhere between 3,500 - 7,000 bikes taking part, and is reckoned to be the largest event of its kind in Europe!

This year is perhaps a little more special for two reasons ...

Firstly, it's the first official egg run (without registration) for a few years now.

Secondly, one of the guys who was largely responsible for making the event such a success was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident back in July '07.

Wouldn't it be nice to make it just that little bit more special ... and raise some much-needed cash (and smiles) for all the children in local hospitals

For more info ...
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=102913
Old 18-01-08, 10:57 AM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone do the Wirral Egg Run?

I've done it several times. Did it last year and was probably the last bike to arrive at the start after sleeping in! They abandoned the registration thing last year as it was not working on the day, most folks just rode to the start and got on with it.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-08, 11:21 AM   #3
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I've done it several times. Did it last year and was probably the last bike to arrive at the start after sleeping in! They abandoned the registration thing last year as it was not working on the day, most folks just rode to the start and got on with it.
Ah right, didn't realise about the registration fiasco ... all I know is I spoke to an ex-work-colleague of mine who said him and his mates weren't bothering with it due to the registration.

I'm sure we can probably work something out on a meeting place since the Wirral has been my home for 30+ years but would welcome the experienced input from someone who's been to a few of these
Old 18-01-08, 12:14 PM   #4
Gra

I'll be up for that Pedro, seeing as I am only through the tunnel from the Wirral
Old 18-01-08, 07:49 PM   #5
jamessunhill

We've got 2 other threads running on this.

Please use this one to chat about the event and this one to arrange meeting up riding in, etc

By order of the almighty Luckpants

Last edited by jamessunhill; 18-01-08 at 09:02 PM. Reason: better info