SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-04-09, 06:57 PM   #1
Baph

Default Karma...

Excuse the long post...

I decided to take a trip out to tesco today, and being a Sunday, I knew what it'd be like, so I figured I'd get there a mere minutes before closing.

As I'm walking towards the doors, I grab one of those "small" trolleys and continue walking, throwing the gloves/lid in there. When I get closer to the doors, I'm stopped from going in, because I have a trolley & they're about to close.

No problem, I'm easy (steady!) so ditch the trolley & walk in, leaving my helmet near the security guy so I don't have to carry it around with the shopping I wanted to get.

As I'm ready to pay, I walk along the tills, expecting to use the self service checkout, only to find a completely deserted till & a bored looking guy. Nice one.

I get back out to the bike, fire up, strap the shopping to the pillion seat. It's at this point I notice the white Corsa pull up pretty close to me, and the good looking female driver gets out and goes to the cash machine, leaving the engine running.

Brave I thought, but meh, her choice. So I set off. Just as I do so, I see a guy randomly walk over & get in the car, in the drivers seat. Hang on, that isn't right!! By this point I was along side the car, on the passenger side.

Before I say the next bit, please folks, remember that this could of gone a lot worse!!!

So I swung the bike around, parked behind the Corsa, and stood on the horn (those on the Barmouth or Bust run had a couple of demo's of my horn). I'm guessing the guy was in complete shock, as he simply got out of the car & legged it, just as the female owner turned around to see what was going on.

As I released the horn button, I heard someone randomly shouting something - I didn't catch what it was, but I quickly learned as a dog appeared out of nowhere, sprinting flat out after this guy! He was shortly followed by his handler, a copper!

So, my bike is off, I have a bit of a chinwag with the owner of the car whilst the copper arrests this guy & controls the dog.

Why karma? I hear you ask.

Well, I gave my details as a witness to the copper, and just before I left, he asked me which way I was heading home. I thought the question was a little odd, but answered. He replied with "OK, watch yourself, there's an arrive alive van on the A4080, about a mile from your house."

On the way home, I found myself following a Yamaha who decided to do a dodgy move (the car in front of them wanted to turn left into a T junction, and there was a car waiting to come out & turn across them, the Yamaha rider decided to come out to the wrong side of the road to "overtake" the car just before it turned off! ). I assumed the worst & got ready on the hazard switch for the traffic behind me.

Thankfully nothing happened, the car waiting to come out continued to wait. So I blatted past the Yamaha & warned him to slow down just before the scamera van was in sight. I figured I'd pass on my good fortune from the copper.
Old 05-04-09, 07:20 PM   #2
markryker

Post Re: Karma...

Nice one Baph
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 07:25 PM   #3
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: Karma...

I bet the dog had a huge smirk on his face after that.Dont they just love it when the scrotes run for it?
Old 05-04-09, 07:26 PM   #4
Warthog

Nice story
Old 05-04-09, 07:26 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Wow Karma indeed.

See coppers can be nice xx
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 07:37 PM   #6
Miss Alpinestarhero

Good stuff
Old 05-04-09, 07:38 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

well done, a well deserved reward for a good turn

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 07:45 PM   #8
Bluefish

good effort, community award to you.
Old 05-04-09, 07:45 PM   #9
Jabba

Well done Baph, and big thumbsdown for the girlie who left her car engine running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
See coppers can be nice xx
Most are in my experience

Some are human, too
Old 05-04-09, 07:49 PM   #10
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Some are human, too