SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 11-03-17, 07:25 PM   #2971
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Lol

https://www.camerhack.it/product/fak...m-adapter-kit/
Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 11-03-17 at 07:36 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 08:01 PM   #2972
yokohama

Yep, a poundland film. The colours aren't as dark as other ones I've had processed.
I picked the MX up last year in a bundle with lenses, winder and flash for a nice price on Gumtree. It's a definite keeper.
I put a film into a Yashica FX3, try that out next.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 08:11 PM   #2973
Kenzie

I need to do one at a time when out and about. I take too many out and mess around picking a camera. Need to get back to basics. Would be great if the file was available for the 126 adapter, would print it myself.

Sent from my Xperia
Old 11-03-17, 09:18 PM   #2974
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

22 Euros isn't too bad, though I'd be surprised if it took long for someone to produce the file. I'm not sure there's a point to this question, but were there any good 126 cameras?
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 08:15 AM   #2975
Kenzie

Not really. I have a Olympus ees quickmatic which is 126 but the aperture doesn't respond to light changes. It's basically a 126 Trip 35. Did you guys know about this site: http://pentax-manuals.com/ seeing as you have so many Pentax cameras.

Third line down on here Yoko http://pentax-manuals.com/repairs.htm

This one has the lever for stop down metering http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/An-Old-and...oAAOSw~AVYvpL1

Last edited by Kenzie; 12-03-17 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-03-17, 09:41 AM   #2976
yokohama

Thanks for that link. I need to do the RC seals once I've sorted (or not) the meter.
This is tempting but just a bit too far. https://www.gumtree.com/p/digital-ca...era/1222698916
Old 12-03-17, 10:37 AM   #2977
Kenzie

You wouldn't gain much apart from aperture priority auto, unless that is what you want? I have that lens on mine, not a bad little kit. My hopes of the MJU going unnoticed have been dashed. Its at £45!
I just developed the home cut film I loaded into the Minolta 16P and I got pictures! I am amazed it even worked tbh. Will let the film dry and scan them later.

Last edited by Kenzie; 12-03-17 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-03-17, 12:34 PM   #2978
yokohama

I know what you mean. Aperture priority might be useful (the P30 I have is manual or full auto) but It's not worth a trek to Sunderland - is anything?
£45 for a Mju is a bit over the top. A recent review on here didn't think it was worth all the hype. https://www.casualphotophile.com/201...camera-review/
What difference does the stop down metering button make on a Helios, especially if there's already a stop down button on the camera?
Old 12-03-17, 12:54 PM   #2979
Kenzie

I think it means you can focus it with a bright viewfinder, and then flick the switch to shoot at your selected aperture. f8 or lower may leave the viewfinder too dark to see through.

Shots from the Minolta 16P

Did you solve the mystery of the camera tool? This week's Amatuer Photographer has an article about film photographery coming back to life.

Last edited by Kenzie; 12-03-17 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-03-17, 08:08 PM   #2980
yokohama

I like the Minolta shots. It's almost as if you take a shot and it ages 50 years while in the tank. And you've got sky! I never seem to be able to bring out sky tones.

Solved the lens spanner mystery. I ordered one off ebay. For some reason it was sent through Amazon (??) and I got emails via my Amazon account. That's what threw me. I tried to use it today. It seems solid enough but I can't get the front element off the Chinon; it's screwed on really tight.

With a Helios, I don't think a stop down button on the lens will matter. From what I remember, focus is done with the camera fully open; hit the stop down button for the metering; release the button, lens opens up again; check focus and shoot .... I think. Will have to try the Fujica out using the Vivitar zoom.