SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 05-10-06, 12:28 PM   #1
Black Rider

Default American Hotrod and Muscle Car meet INVADED!!!!

Hey,

If you didn't know there is an American Hotrod and Muscle Car meet on the first Wednesday of every month at the Nags Head Pub on the A57 between Mere and Altrincham. It's at the cross over of the M6 and the M56 and is down by the side of the road - quite difficult to see if you don't know where it is.

I've only been once before and that was a couple of months ago, plus I went down in the car. There was only a Harley there representing the whole of the biking community (He's a really nice guy and that is the only reason why i'm not going to slag off his loud, slow moving scooter with shiney bits - hehe ).

Last night I was down there for the first time on my SV with the gf on the back and was the only bike there until a different Harley showed up with the highest handlebars I have ever seen and it looked like he was struggling to steer it!!!

After this a group of three sportsbikes turned up which I was very pleased to see! An R1, GSX-R 750 and a Hayabusa! Basically I was wondering if anyone fancied getting a bit of an SV presence down there?

There's a BIG downer though! I went and bought 2cokes and a packet of crisps to be hit with the bill of £4.80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So bring your own drinks if you don't like paying extortionate rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-06, 01:49 PM   #2
DoubleD

Quote:
A57 between Mere and Altrincham. It's at the cross over of the M6 and the M56 and is down by the side of the road - quite difficult to see if you don't know where it is
Your right, I can't see it on the map either, I have found the M6 J20 - M56 J9 (big mess of slip roads) but I can't see the A57
Old 06-10-06, 10:14 AM   #3
mudge32

Do you mean this Nag's Head, just off the A556?
Old 07-10-06, 06:19 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Will have to ask one of the guys at work about this as he is the proud owner of a very nice Charger
Old 07-10-06, 02:21 PM   #5
MR UKI (1)

Sounds good, i'd be up for giving this a go next month (November).