SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-10, 09:10 PM   #1
bigchris

Default cramped riding position K1 - what can I do?

has any one got any cheap ways of making a k1 sv a bit more roomy? im finding my legs are getting cramped, can you get higher seats?? will a jack up kit help?? thought about making some plates to lower the foot pegs but would affect ground clearence, any help apriciated.

ta
Old 06-07-10, 03:25 PM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: cramped riding position K1 - what can I do?

Hello big man. If you were to make some plates that would lower the footpegs and then fit a jack up kit that should take care of any ground clearance issues you have lowering the pegs.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:24 AM   #3
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Set of Buell pegs is a common fix on most type of bikes. Drops peg height about an inch or so.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:29 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchris View Post
has any one got any cheap ways of making a k1 sv a bit more roomy? im finding my legs are getting cramped, can you get higher seats?? will a jack up kit help?? thought about making some plates to lower the foot pegs but would affect ground clearence, any help apriciated.

ta
Cut your lower legs off.
HTH
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 10:06 PM   #5
Jamesy D

Crikey, how big are you!? I'm six foot one and I find it roomy, although I did come from a tiny tiny Derbi GPR 50...

Linky have a look at these, they are listed as rear set riser plates, but if you turn them upside down, they become lowerers. I believe you can get them with many holes in for multiple positioning. Friend of mine had the same problem on a GSXR 600, got some riser plates, turned them upside down and was happy as larry.

You will need to modify gear linkage though, and possibly your rear brake linkage too.
Old 07-07-10, 10:11 PM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchris View Post

ta
you dont always need to make the pegs lower, if you can get the pegs moved back then it will lower you knees a tad, just look around for foot peg risers as they somtimes have several holes so you can move the pegs around
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote