SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-10-09, 12:59 AM   #1
ThEGr33k

Default COD Modern warfare 2 Prestige edition Night vision...

Ive been looking about on Play and found that Modern warfare 2 is a month away (probably just right to hit Christmas hard...). Anyway a lot of you will know this. What you might not know though is that there is a special prestige edition coming out too.

If you watch the youtube video you'll know all about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0

Bit more detail for you.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/collection.php

http://www.mw2blog.com/leaked-modern...ggle-pictures/

As to how well the Night vision goggles will work... I dont know. I know when I was goin through training with the RAF 4 years ago we had a night vision sight and to be honest it was pretty crappy. Maybe 10 meters range. Now that is probably old hat now but seriously, what can you expect from something like this!?

By the way's its £120 and can only be bought from HMV in the UK. If you are willing to risk that much money on something that has very good potential of being a waste of time then there you are. This is out on the 360 and the PS3.

Oh and the normal versions are;

£35 PC (oh yea!)
£45 Xbox 360 and PS3.

There is a hardened version as well... You get a art book and a metal case (joy...) and this looks to be selling for about £70.

(please note, any extra map releases you will have to pay for on the 360... rip off dicks!)

Please discuss what you think.
Old 06-10-09, 07:13 AM   #2
jans1971

Default Re: COD Modern warfare 2 Prestige edition Night vision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Ive been looking about on Play and found that Modern warfare 2 is a month away (probably just right to hit Christmas hard...). Anyway a lot of you will know this. What you might not know though is that there is a special prestige edition coming out too.

If you watch the youtube video you'll know all about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0

Bit more detail for you.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/collection.php

http://www.mw2blog.com/leaked-modern...ggle-pictures/

As to how well the Night vision goggles will work... I dont know. I know when I was goin through training with the RAF 4 years ago we had a night vision sight and to be honest it was pretty crappy. Maybe 10 meters range. Now that is probably old hat now but seriously, what can you expect from something like this!?

By the way's its £120 and can only be bought from HMV in the UK. If you are willing to risk that much money on something that has very good potential of being a waste of time then there you are. This is out on the 360 and the PS3.

Oh and the normal versions are;

£35 PC (oh yea!)
£45 Xbox 360 and PS3.

There is a hardened version as well... You get a art book and a metal case (joy...) and this looks to be selling for about £70.

(please note, any extra map releases you will have to pay for on the 360... rip off dicks!)

Please discuss what you think.
the extra maps are coming out on the 360 first but then on the ps3, like the ones on cod4 they should be about £7.99 rip off not to me, i have never played a game as good as cod4 i got it last xmas and have nearly played it every day since and the new one looks soooooooooo much better. so im just going to get the standard game and get the extra maps when they out and get ready for a devorce
Old 06-10-09, 08:30 AM   #3
robh539

I cant wait, been hammering MW in the wait till it lands on the mat.
Old 06-10-09, 09:08 AM   #4
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jans1971 View Post
the extra maps are coming out on the 360 first but then on the ps3, like the ones on cod4 they should be about £7.99 rip off not to me, i have never played a game as good as cod4 i got it last xmas and have nearly played it every day since and the new one looks soooooooooo much better. so im just going to get the standard game and get the extra maps when they out and get ready for a devorce
Im fairly certain the maps will come out for PC as soon as the 360 and will be free, £18 saving. Joy

I played games I have enjoyed more Id say. Unreal Tournament series is just brilliant for me.

There is one thing that irritates me about COD in general and thats the kill streak kill thing. Just not my cuppa... But I didnt start the thread to argue about these things tbh.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 06-10-09 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-10-09, 09:12 AM   #5
RichT

I am looking forward to this game. Not sure if I should pre-order or not though.... Fifa10 caused a bit of a price war between the big 3 supermarkets - every possibility this will do the same.
Old 06-10-09, 09:30 AM   #6
custard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Im fairly certain the maps will come out for PC as soon as the 360 and will be free, £18 saving. Joy

I played games I have enjoyed more Id say. Unreal Tournament series is just brilliant for me.

There is one thing that irritates me about COD in general and thats the kill streak kill thing. Just not my cuppa... But I didnt start the thread to argue about these things tbh.
+1 unreal tournament. stonking game!

dont mind the kill streak thing, just get annoyed at the effectiveness of some of the power up jobbies. Helicopters in modern warfare are just silly. and the dogs when playing hardcore W@W are just stooooopid.

map packs are often a rip off as only one out of the three are genreally any good.

just started playing battlefield 1946 and for a tenner on PS3 i dont think you can go wrong.
Old 06-10-09, 09:30 AM   #7
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
I am looking forward to this game. Not sure if I should pre-order or not though.... Fifa10 caused a bit of a price war between the big 3 supermarkets - every possibility this will do the same.

I dont think it will if im honest. The first one still isnt what id call cheap! Cant really hurt to wait though, at worst you'll lose a couple of days.
Old 06-10-09, 10:40 AM   #8
GeneticBubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by custard View Post
+1 unreal tournament. stonking game!

dont mind the kill streak thing, just get annoyed at the effectiveness of some of the power up jobbies. Helicopters in modern warfare are just silly. and the dogs when playing hardcore W@W are just stooooopid.

map packs are often a rip off as only one out of the three are genreally any good.

just started playing battlefield 1946 and for a tenner on PS3 i dont think you can go wrong.
i prefered unreal championship back on the original xbox, i liked the idea of having melee weapons

as for the helicopters there not that bad if your on a map with a turret gun just unload on it, if not a single rpg and a few bursts of machine gun should bring it down... listen to me i sound like the call of duty guru

on topic though i can't justify spending £120 on a pair of goggles i will never use, so i will stick with the normal version... i look forward to seeing you all in game...because im going to win
Old 06-10-09, 11:58 AM   #9
Rog

Being a hardened FPS'er I am a little cautious about MW2 as from what I have seen the game appears to be COD4.5. Dont get me wrong COD4 is a brilliant game one I still play but I am hoping it has moved on enough not to be simply a full price mod.

As for the "special Editions" I am of the opinion that they are a waste of money and time. Strictly for fan boys with more money than sense.

If I want night goggles I would go out and buy them!

Anyway before all that Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising FTW.

On a final point I wondered how many will be getting MW2 on the PS3 or Xbox . I personally will be getting the PC version as I cannot see the point in playing FPS's on platforms when they dont let you use mouse and keyboard. Its like been given a driving game and told you have to wear boxing gloves to play!!!
Old 06-10-09, 12:29 PM   #10
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
Being a hardened FPS'er I am a little cautious about MW2 as from what I have seen the game appears to be COD4.5. Dont get me wrong COD4 is a brilliant game one I still play but I am hoping it has moved on enough not to be simply a full price mod.

As for the "special Editions" I am of the opinion that they are a waste of money and time. Strictly for fan boys with more money than sense.

If I want night goggles I would go out and buy them!

Anyway before all that Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising FTW.

On a final point I wondered how many will be getting MW2 on the PS3 or Xbox . I personally will be getting the PC version as I cannot see the point in playing FPS's on platforms when they dont let you use mouse and keyboard. Its like been given a driving game and told you have to wear boxing gloves to play!!!
I agree with every single point! There are two types of night vision, active and passive. These will be passive, so at most will just amplify up a bit of light and make it green, enough for the 12 year olds but I won't be wasting my money on it. And as for the people discussing Modern Warfare's realism, its a cartoony FPS! Get Op Flashpoint, or Arma for realism if you can really handle it. I'm half way through Arma 2 at the moment and the number of times I have just been shot and killed without even knowing what happened is ridiculous! But that's war, so you have to get used to it and stay careful.

And yeah, I can never get to grips with a console FPS properly. It should be as close as possible to live firing of a weapon, which mouse and keyboard gets more near than a rubber mushroom thing.

Anyway, I'll probably get this for the PC anyway, but certainly not the rip-off special editions, I never bother with them.