SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 02-09-07, 06:21 PM   #1
Berlin

Default Hawes, Devils Bridge and the "Civic R Crew"

We (Big 'un on the front, Little 'un on the back) ended up going out today because the weather wasn't as bad as predicted.

We set off from Ripon and headed up to Leyburn and on the way passed/followed The Civic R boys on their annual outing. Its nice to have a bit of a wind on agaist a car now and again and as there was a line of maybe 45 Civic R's on the road we had a great time through the twisties. We filled up at Leyburn whist they carried on and as we headed up to Hawes we got to do it all again with them.

After a coffee at Hawes we headed over to Devil's Bridge for a bacon sarnie and there was only one other SV there. Aksed him if he was a member of the site but he'd not heard of it. He knows about it now from there we headed up to Sedgeburgh and back to Hawes for another cuppa. On the final stretch back to Rpion it was fantastic just to get into a rythm and sweep through the bends without touching the brakes.

Another 100 miles on the clock and another great day out. I have to say, I can't find fault with the MEz4's that were on the bike when I got it. I'm down to 3mm of chicken strips and as long as you warm them up properly (3-5 miles) they are excellent. It'll be interesting to see what putting some sticky tyres on next will be like.

New Fuel 'Zorst coming Tuesday so Wednesday I'll be up there again seeing what the new Noise is like if anyone fancies it?

Cheers, Carl

Last edited by Berlin; 02-09-07 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-09-07, 08:42 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Hawes, Devils Bridge and the "Civic R Crew"

Nice roads up there, originally from around Ripon myself, dad now lives up in Kirkby Malzeard.

New exhaust will sound good, I think anything is better than the stock one. Not coming out to play this week as off on a bike holiday this weekend, but hope to meet up soon.
Old 02-09-07, 08:47 PM   #3
SV225

Default Re: Hawes, Devils Bridge and the "Civic R Crew"

I was there today! Decided to go for a ride to Yorkshire - 454 miles later and I have no wrists left

Only SV I saw was a black curvy go past two up (in Hawes), didn't see any Civics though.