SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Old 25-01-10, 08:21 PM   #1
Spudsta71

Default 3 piece 100 litre tailpack

Hi there,

I have for sale a soft luggage tailpack identical to the one in the picture attached(except mine is entirely black in colour with the reflective piping trim). It comprises of two panniers and a large stiff "holdall" which goes across the back seat. They all attach to each other and attach to the bike by means of straps (although I only used the straps once - I used bungees after that as they were MUCH quicker)
I have only used it on about 4 or 5 trips and have cleaned it thoroughly after each trip, and put it back into a cardboard box to store it, so it is in very good order, I would say you would be hard pushed to notice any marks or anything, and looks in almost new condition.
I have not used it for a couple of years, and is just taking up space in the spare room, so I thought someone else may be able to put it to better use. It cost me just over £100 about 6 years ago, and as I say, it's in very good order, however I would be happy with £60 for it (then I estimate probably about £10 P&P) so it would be yours for £70 all in.

If you have any questions, or are interested in buying it, please post in the thread or send me a private message.

Cheers,
Spudsta (Mark)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 PIECE 100L TAILPACK.jpg (12.6 KB, 85 views)
Old 26-01-10, 01:38 PM   #2
tinpants
Ubique

Default Re: 3 piece 100 litre tailpack

What is the make and model name and is it waterproof? Quite interested in this as am getting pi55ed off with the Oxford kit I currently have.
Old 26-01-10, 06:35 PM   #3
Spudsta71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
What is the make and model name and is it waterproof? Quite interested in this as am getting pi55ed off with the Oxford kit I currently have.
Hi there,

The make is B-Bags by Beyer. I bought it through a company called Sound Distribution. Have a look at this link http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides/pro...per/b-bags.htm

As for it being waterproof, it is claimed to be 100% waterproof, and from personal experience, I can formally back this up. Each of the three component parts is "lined" with a waterproof layer, then then two panniers and the large holdall have removable drawstring waterproof sacks, all of which are made from a nylon type material, and are hard wearing. I have never had anything at all get wet inside this kit.

I am certain that you would be very happy with it mate.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 26-01-10, 08:35 PM   #4
tinpants
Ubique

I can't get the pic to open up, but thats not a major problem. I'm very,very interested in this but am having a few cash flow problems at the mo - its flowing out more than its flowing in!! I'm waiting on some invoices being paid in the next week or so so I'll have some cash to pay bills etc. With a bit of luck I'll have some spare to buy this. Hopefully!!
Old 26-01-10, 09:35 PM   #5
zobers

Is it possible you could measure the gap between the panniers? My zx6 has a really fat ar$e.

I'll have it if it fits .

Thanks.

Last edited by zobers; 26-01-10 at 09:46 PM.
Old 27-01-10, 05:50 PM   #6
Spudsta71

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobers View Post
Is it possible you could measure the gap between the panniers? My zx6 has a really fat ar$e.

I'll have it if it fits .

Thanks.
Hi Zobers,

It is fully adjustable mate, there are two straps on each pannier which go across the seat and velcro to the ones on the other pannier. If you look at the photo in the original post mate, you can see that the top holdall goes across the top of the rear seat on top of these adjustable straps, so the width isn't going to be a problem for you I wouldn't have thought !!! It is a generic / non-specific set-up so it should really fit any bike.

Anyway, as you asked - the bottom of the holdall is 770mm across (around 30") but as you can see from the photo, some of it overhangs the side of the bike anyway. The bottom has a stiffener in it so it doesn't "flop down". It really is a very good set-up to be honest, and if I did more touring, I wouldn't be getting rid, but as it is, it's just been sat there for about two years, so someone who will use it may as well have the use of it.

If you are interested Zobers, drop me a PM and we can sort out all the details pal.

Cheers - Spudsta.
Old 27-01-10, 06:11 PM   #7
zobers

PM'd.
Old 12-02-10, 07:25 PM   #8
tinpants
Ubique

Still for sale?
Old 13-02-10, 08:18 AM   #9
Spudsta71