SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-04-16, 10:35 AM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Master cylinder rear

Hello strangers! - resurrecting a old thread. Thought I would do a rebuild or two. Starter motor was completed yesterday (found out the plastic square thingy that's connected to the threaded stud the inside of the casing was broken). I digress.....

The forum members advice is needed as I'm stuck.

Looking at the above it seems the primary piston in my kit from wemoto doesn't have the seal pre-fitted. What would be the way to put it on as I'm scared to over stretch it. All searches show it pre-fitted. And do you grease the push rod?

No, new snap ring in the kit & dust boot (I've had the kit lying around for a while) - the one taken off is on the left and one from a box of them I have is on the right. I'm really tempted to used the old one. I've over laid them. The new one I found has the right top to tail dimensions but not the width. I don't know if that would be enough to force the seal.

K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 03-04-16 at 11:11 AM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote