SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25-09-22, 06:50 PM   #3051
admin
John T
Mega Poster
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Shrewsbury, Shrops, UK
Posts: 2,286
Default Re: The All New Megathread

'Book him Dano'

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
__________________
Admin for this forum and the main site. John@sv650.org
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-22, 06:57 PM   #3052
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: The All New Megathread

There we go then....
https://soundcloud.com/feelingmyage/dixonofdockgreen
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-22, 07:03 PM   #3053
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: The All New Megathread

While we're at it......

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 08:44 PM   #3054
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Evening all.

Up to my eyes in prepping for the move into the new abode. All the utilities are now sorted, but at some truly terrifying prices. 200+ per month just for gas and electricity. That's without water and broadband, pet insurance, tax and insurance for the car and bike, and various other odds and ends. I'm supposed to find this out of a 740 per 4 weeks state pension. The various allowances (cost of living/heating/etc) won't go far I suspect.

It's going to be a grim winter.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 09:27 PM   #3055
Sir Trev
Member
Mega Poster
 
Sir Trev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: High Wycombe, where the chair factories used to be
Posts: 1,379
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Chin up Gary. It will feel nice getting your own place again. That will really help.
__________________
We are the Goon Squad and we're coming to town, BEEP BEEP!
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 09:43 PM   #3056
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Chin up Gary. It will feel nice getting your own place again. That will really help.
That is the plus side Trevor, and as it's a council property I'll have some security of tenure.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 08:08 AM   #3057
Seeker
Member
 
Seeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NE Lincs
Posts: 963
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
All the utilities are now sorted, but at some truly terrifying prices. 200+ per month just for gas and electricity.
That sounds a lot! I am with Bulb (the nationalised/bankrupt supplier), they have just notified me that I have received my first 66 Gov payment. I have been paying 80/mo although my (pre price rise, Spring/Summer) usage is typically 43 so I'm 400+ in credit.

I guess I'm in for a shock on the 21st when my bill comes in. They did announce what their new prices will be but I chose to not do any calculations

How big is your new place Gary? Mine is a 60s built, semi, dormer bungalow 3 bed + dining room or 4 bed depending on viewpoint.

I usually sleep upstairs which is always cold in the Winter but I think I'll switch to downstairs this year, I installed a sliding door at the top of the stairs so I can now isolate the upper rooms. I've added a lot of extra insulation to the easily accessible areas but it needs more on the dormer partition walls (which are in the roof - hence the chill).

I normally run a garage dehumidifier for the bikes starting about now - I've noticed the garage humidity has already crept into the low 70s rH. I'll maybe run it for a month to see what the damage is...
__________________
2016 SV650AL7
2022 XSR700
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 02:56 PM   #3058
redtrummy
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: N W Leicestershire
Posts: 179
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Its painful! We are being charged 190 a month. 2 beds upstairs (heating off) one down. About 500 in credit at the moment. Just had a smart meter fitted - very interesting gas compared to electricity is cheap as chips. But a quick electric powered shower is about half the price of gas, why? It takes about 40secs for gas to supply hot water at the shower head. Boiled water for a cuppa about 3p lecky powered, 1p for gas. I refitted the 2ndry double glazing on the front bedroom window to supplement the double glazing (after it had stood outside for 10 yrs) - massive improvement, cuts traffic noise, keeps the room cooler in summer and warmer in winter, going to refit to all the single windows as soon as I can.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 02:56 PM   #3059
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 2,260
Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
That sounds a lot! I am with Bulb (the nationalised/bankrupt supplier), they have just notified me that I have received my first 66 Gov payment. I have been paying 80/mo although my (pre price rise, Spring/Summer) usage is typically 43 so I'm 400+ in credit.

I guess I'm in for a shock on the 21st when my bill comes in. They did announce what their new prices will be but I chose to not do any calculations

How big is your new place Gary? Mine is a 60s built, semi, dormer bungalow 3 bed + dining room or 4 bed depending on viewpoint.

I usually sleep upstairs which is always cold in the Winter but I think I'll switch to downstairs this year, I installed a sliding door at the top of the stairs so I can now isolate the upper rooms. I've added a lot of extra insulation to the easily accessible areas but it needs more on the dormer partition walls (which are in the roof - hence the chill).

I normally run a garage dehumidifier for the bikes starting about now - I've noticed the garage humidity has already crept into the low 70s rH. I'll maybe run it for a month to see what the damage is...
I've yet to see how accurate the estimate of what I will use is going to be. I did notice on the confirmation stuff I had from British Gas that they reckon by the end of the first year I'll be 900 in credit for my electricity and 300 in debit for the gas.

Bungalow is one of the late 50s/early 60s builds so pretty solidly made, with a well insulated roof space. Living room, front bedroom, back bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. Proper garden front and back too.

Going to take some adjustment for me, living on a small estate. Thankfully it's on the edge of the estate, itself on the edge of a small market town (most folks in England would probably think of it as a large village).
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-22, 04:17 PM   #3060
Bibio
Member
Mega Poster
 
Bibio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: here as devil's advocate
Posts: 11,480
Default Re: The All New Megathread

utility companies doubled the standing charge overnight but ofgem done nothing as per usual. when the price of power and gas comes down again and it will they will still be getting the high standing charge. i fully believe the standing charge is wrong, why do we pay it after all we dont pay it for getting fuel for our vehicles or bottled gas or coal or other means of supply. its nothing short of a rip off and ofgem needs to do something about it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP Andrew Reeder (Reeder) alextg East Anglian Revolution 15 01-06-14 07:57 PM
Sad News RIP Reeder dizzyblonde Idle Banter 265 31-05-14 09:18 PM
fao: Reeder... speedplay Idle Banter 60 23-03-12 12:32 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.