SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-01-08, 04:29 PM   #1
PsychoCannon

Default Alarm Mines!!!

HAHAH!! just saw these on the net while looking up bike security, class.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/ALARM_MINES.htm

Soooo tempting to accidently throw a few ball bearings in there though....
Old 03-01-08, 04:37 PM   #2
hovis

Default Re: Alarm Mines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCannon View Post
HAHAH!! just saw these on the net while looking up bike security, class.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/ALARM_MINES.htm

Soooo tempting to accidently throw a few ball bearings in there though....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alarm-Mine_W0Q...QQcmdZViewItem

or cheaper

http://www.bikesecure.co.uk/pages/alarm_mine.html

Last edited by hovis; 03-01-08 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-01-08, 05:03 PM   #3
PsychoCannon

Hmm could you get some of that UV dye they use in banks or Mace to mark intruders too
Old 03-01-08, 05:06 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

seems like a lot of trouble and setting up, isn't it just easier to shoot them?
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 05:20 PM   #5
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
seems like a lot of trouble and setting up, isn't it just easier to shoot them?
yes, but then you will have a dead body & You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.

And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pi$$head. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig $hit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".
Old 03-01-08, 05:22 PM   #6
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
yes, but then you will have a dead body & You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.

And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pi$$head. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig $hit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".
AKA Bricktop from Snatch per chance?
Old 03-01-08, 05:29 PM   #7
tomjones2

Pictured with a empty cartridge - perfectly safe. Dosnet look that complicated to put a real one in though. hmmmmmmm

You know what would happen, thevies often work in teams, first one would get shot second would steal your bike, you now have no bike and a dead body
Old 03-01-08, 05:30 PM   #8
neio79

hmm sounds a god idea for my garage!!except with real shells aimed about bolock height !!

Last edited by neio79; 03-01-08 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-01-08, 05:39 PM   #9
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
hmm sounds a god idea for my garage!!except with real shells aimed about bolock height !!
You see I've set off my own bike alarm in the morning a couple of times now. I've felt a little silly afterwards. If I was in A&E without testicles I think I'd probably feel worse.....

My alarm has also been set off by mates, again, I can see them being upset if they bled to death after trying to move my bike for me....
Old 03-01-08, 05:42 PM   #10
orose

At this point, it would be highly irresponsible of me to point out that this months Superbike magazine (Feb 0 has a feature about people who've taken their garage security to extreme levels - apparantly it is possible to "enhance" the alarm mines with pea gravel, and that a combination of those, a photographers flash gun or a strobe light and some suitable sirens can disturb potential thieves sense of balance significantly.

Theres a good example of this operated by a guy in Reading, so I'd steer clear of his place uninvited - 12Hz strobe, 2 alarm horns @ 127dB and a 128dB siren, plus a fog machine and CCTV to watch the burglar suffering on.