SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-09-16, 08:16 PM   #921
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
@Bibio - Would it help if I posted a picture of mine? It's nice and comfy.
mine is a pointy but post them up if you like, i have looked at loads via google images and even read a few websites about it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 07:41 PM   #922
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Drained out some oil as the Saab has a few failed DPF regenerations.
Looking forward to cleaning it out....
Old 14-09-16, 02:27 PM   #923
Blapper

If anybody is interested:

2016-09-14 15.06.00 by Andrew Hayes, on Flickr

2016-09-14 15.06.15 by Andrew Hayes, on Flickr
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-16, 05:51 PM   #924
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I brutally murdered a family of spiders who thought it would be a good idea to set up home in my switchgear and cover the bike in webs. Momma spider might have escaped with a couple of the tiny baby spiders, but daddy spider and the rest of the babies received death by rotating screwdriver

EVICTED!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 08:20 PM   #925
TheRamJam
Mega Poster

Replaced the the front right wheel spacer with the correct type, replaced bearings and seals too. Gave the front calipers a good clean, removing all the crud from the pistons.

Yamaha MT 10 - Sold

Current Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory
TheRamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 11:44 AM   #926
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Fitted a relay to the VFR. Took power off the number plate circuit and connected the USB charger to output. Switching off the ignition now disconnects the USB charger to stop it draining the battery.
Old 30-10-16, 07:09 PM   #927
Petherwin Boy

Hi Guys, couldn't find anywhere specific to introduce myself as a newby to the site so here seemed as good a place as any as I've been working on my new to me 1999 SV650S. I'm more a resurrected biker than a born again at my age... but enough of that. My last really quick machine was a 1980 Ducati 900SSD and that was in '81 so you can speculate on the amount of formalin I need for breakfast!

I recently bought my SV with just 2600 miles on the clock. Of course, nothing is ever that good in the light of day and it looks like this one had been covered down to a line just above the calipers. SO, I've spent a happy couple of days stripping them and trying to save them.

End result, I've had to buy two new pistons, a set of pads all round, 2 rear pad retaining pins and one front pin. The front pins were both corroded into the calipers. One was so bad that I had dremel it in half and then drill a 3mm hole through the blind end (in the caliper casting). I then turned up a suitably sized drift to go through that hole. Copious squirts of plus gas and some careful hammering finally got it free. The smaller hole will still allow the casting end of the pin to be retained.

Other than that, a new speedo sensor and of course two new tyres (it had it's last MOT in 2005 and the existing tyres were like wood!). She runs well though and the seller had thoughtfully fitted a new battery so I'm thinking I'm nearly ready for an mot as soon as the brake work is done.

Just in time for winter eh?
Old 30-10-16, 07:32 PM   #928
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petherwin Boy View Post
Hi Guys, couldn't find anywhere specific to introduce myself as a newby to the site so here seemed as good a place as any as I've been working on my new to me 1999 SV650S. I'm more a resurrected biker than a born again at my age... but enough of that. My last really quick machine was a 1980 Ducati 900SSD and that was in '81 so you can speculate on the amount of formalin I need for breakfast!

I recently bought my SV with just 2600 miles on the clock. Of course, nothing is ever that good in the light of day and it looks like this one had been covered down to a line just above the calipers. SO, I've spent a happy couple of days stripping them and trying to save them.

End result, I've had to buy two new pistons, a set of pads all round, 2 rear pad retaining pins and one front pin. The front pins were both corroded into the calipers. One was so bad that I had dremel it in half and then drill a 3mm hole through the blind end (in the caliper casting). I then turned up a suitably sized drift to go through that hole. Copious squirts of plus gas and some careful hammering finally got it free. The smaller hole will still allow the casting end of the pin to be retained.

Other than that, a new speedo sensor and of course two new tyres (it had it's last MOT in 2005 and the existing tyres were like wood!). She runs well though and the seller had thoughtfully fitted a new battery so I'm thinking I'm nearly ready for an mot as soon as the brake work is done.

Just in time for winter eh?
Welcome to the site PB.
Old 30-10-16, 07:49 PM   #929
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

How doo PB

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 08:54 PM   #930
maviczap
Mega Poster

El o pb
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote