SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-12-07, 06:04 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Stormrider Exo 3 heated gloves...

This one probably belongs in the gear section but I thought I'd pop it in here first to get it seen... My exo 3 heated gloves arrived this afternoon, and I think they're going straight back, to be replaced with Gerbing ones... Very unimpressed, they do look pretty protective despite their thinness but they're stiff and awkward, worse than the heaviest winter gloves I've ever owned... The construction's poor too, I can feel parts digging in as I flex my hands and there's some sort of lump digging in on some of the fingers. They have wee visor wipes, which is usually good, but they're so stiff that the thumbs are tough to bend.

So, all in all, pretty disappointed, they've got good word of mouth but they feel cheap and badly designed... Not really what I'd expected for the price.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-07, 06:15 PM   #2
Stig

Default Re: Stormrider Exo 3 heated gloves...

On the flip side. I have the Gerbing Signature gloves. Which are fantastic gloves. They are damn good winter gloves and that is before you plug them in. I suffer from the cold very badly and have never had a pair of winter gloves that have kept my hands warm.

They are very comfortable, waterproof and have storm cuffs, so no wind or rain gets inside. When it's at it's coldest (-5 or so) my hands are not cooking warm but are also not cold. The electrics in the gloves are guaranteed for life which is good piece of mind.
Old 21-12-07, 06:47 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Yep, the Stormrider gloves appealed as they've got what seemed like more waterproof summer glove construction, which should be the ideal solution along with the heated elements... But they just don't seem to have nailed it, maybe the heated elements make it impractical. Ah well. Gerbings next
Old 16-01-08, 04:40 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

A wee follow on, I've just spoken to the MD of the company as part of the refund process. Very nice chap, he spent about 5 minutes talking about my issues with the gloves and said that they were already revising the wipers as they've had a few similiar comments- one of those things that's a great idea but doesn't quite work out. I think that was the one design element that completely turned me off so once that's resolved they'll be a far, far better product. He says the bunching around the fingers is quite common but always passes with a little use, which would make sense, everything will shift around in use.

So... I'm still sending them back But though I'm not convinced by the product yet, I am entirely convinced it'll be better soon. With those 2 issues out the window they're still a little cheap looking, but it's just detail work rather than the important stuff.