SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 21-08-06, 02:59 PM   #1
Dougweb

Default 2500 miles in 9 days..SV TourTastic

Hey Folks

Just returned from whitby-oban-outer hebridies-NW tip of Scotland-Lake district- Snowdonia and back to Whitby tour. Road above skye melted my rear Conti's to the very edge...teehee

North of Skye loads of visibilty, no walls etc, no traffic, and safe run off means very safe fast fun...If you havn't been go....Now!!

SV behaved very well apart from shaking a footpeg and my race can loose. Loaded to gunnels with tent and luggage did'nt seem to bother it too much but could have done with a fairing....i got a bit wet...and lost my pannier covers on a 115mph blast over a Hebridian causeway...opps!

So anyway i'm not just telling you guys all this to make me sound like a seasoned round the worlder, it was my first big bike tour!!, but just to say I never realised how much fun solo touring away from the known local 'good' roads can be. Knowing when you wake up in the morning you have another day of new fresh views and amazing roads ahead of you certainly beats the alarm clock and commute to work.

So where should I go next...any ideas??

Any of you peeps been to Ireland and the continant?

Oh and where can I get a gel seat?

p.s. also solo touring means you talk to loads of great nutters. Met a mad German bloke who turned his wife gay!! A group of Royal Enfield Riders with trailers attached to their machines!! and found my ideal shop. A petrol Station and fish and chip shop combined..hhmmmm....battered fuel!
Old 31-08-06, 07:10 PM   #2
Jamin

Howdy Dougweb....

Hows the girlfriends VanVan??

Mackeral
Old 03-09-06, 08:06 PM   #3
Dougweb

crikey...heeya matey...probebly the same as yours....slow and underused....

how's the netherlands? missing the hills?

I'll mail u...

laters
Old 03-09-06, 08:33 PM   #4
jim@55

try ireland ,go for the nw200 and go to joeys bar ,,cracking roads and people(bit like scotland really ,but obviously the accent is diff) and bikes everywher highly recc