SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-04-05, 05:02 PM   #1
jordyal

Default Undertray K4

Hi all,

Best undertray to replace the snow shovel on the K4?

Prices & How easy to fit?

Cheers.

Ali.
Old 09-04-05, 07:23 PM   #2
Couerdelion

Hamicad.

I fitted it so it isn't hard...
Old 09-04-05, 07:30 PM   #3
dubno

Hey there,

IF you just want to get rid of the "thing" hanging off the end of the tail - I suggest a tail tidy by Renegade. Not sure the price but give em a call.

http://www.renegade-products.com/ren...724/2782.html?

It was relatively painless to fit and the best bit is you don't need to cut or destroy anything in the process.

oh - looks damn good too!

If you are after a full undertray - I'll sell you my brand new Powerbronze (black)...any offers... or otherwise Ermax make really nice ones with intergrated indicators....

cheers
Old 10-04-05, 10:47 AM   #4
BillyC
Mega Poster

If you just want something to remove the ugly tail, then Hamicad is the way to go. Personally I wouldn't touch the Renegade solution, it's ugly, flimsy, and has sharp edges. The Hamicad is a much neater and better thought out solution.

If you're actually after fitting a true undertray.. then there are few options. Ermax is one, and looks good, but is a bit of a pain to fit. There are others, and Banditmania do a good one I think. Worth having a look.
Old 10-04-05, 11:02 AM   #5
Cloggsy

I've got a colour-coded Powerbronze undertray on my bike - It fits over the top of the standard undertray (but the standard undertray must be cut into shape to fit it...) I really like it

Be warned, don't fit a painted undertray without a hugger being fitted, otherwise it'll be stone-chipped to hell in no time (thanks ART )
Old 10-04-05, 11:37 AM   #6
jordyal

Thanks for the advice.

Tail Tidy is what i meant, as opposed to an undertray.

I shall investigate.

Ali.
Old 10-04-05, 11:39 AM   #7
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyal
Tail Tidy is what i meant
In that case, go Hamicad - Great kit & customer service thats second to none
Old 10-04-05, 11:43 AM   #8
jordyal

Cheers Cloggsy.

Are they easy to fit.... ie no cutting or tools required that aren't in the tool kit provided. I live away from home & haven't got any gear with me, plus i ain't too much of a diy buff!
Old 10-04-05, 11:48 AM   #9
Cloggsy

Quote:
Cheers Cloggsy.

Are they easy to fit.... ie no cutting or tools required that aren't in the tool kit provided. I live away from home & haven't got any gear with me, plus i ain't too much of a diy buff!
All you have to do is unbolt 4 bolts to remove the snow shovel & using the same 4 bolts, re-bolt the fender eliminator in place... It isn't difficult, it's just a bit fiddly

You have to remove the tail section to get to the bolts - use THIS link to see the 'how to...' - its easy honest (I've done it ) There is even a little movie at the end to show you how to slide the tail section off

N.B. In the 'how to...' you don't have to remove the battery leads
Old 11-04-05, 02:48 PM   #10
Banjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Cheers Cloggsy.

All you have to do is unbolt 4 bolts to remove the snow shovel & using the same 4 bolts, re-bolt the fender eliminator in place... It isn't difficult, it's just a bit fiddly

You have to remove the tail section to get to the bolts - use THIS link to see the 'how to...' - its easy honest (I've done it ) There is even a little movie at the end to show you how to slide the tail section off

N.B. In the 'how to...' you don't have to remove the battery leads
I agree, Hamicad are the guys to get the tidy from, their cooler covers are top notch as well. Just give yourself more time than you think you need and you will have no problems.