SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 29-03-07, 07:31 PM   #1
weazelz

Default Wey Valley IAM

I am a very infrequent member of Wey valley IAM & I was thinking of going along this sunday. is anyone else a member? anyone fancy coming along? you can get a free assessed ride even if you're not a member

meets are 1st sunday of the month at Ripley Village Hall

website is http://www.wvam.org.uk/
Old 29-03-07, 07:42 PM   #2
Demonz

Default Re: Wey Valley IAM

Stu, Dirtydog and Myself are all associates. See you there - probably...
Old 30-03-07, 08:45 AM   #3
Jelster

I used to go to WV, and a mate of mine is an observer. Was thinking of poping down to the Middlesex group as they are closer, but I should really organise something and get back in the "IAM" thing again....

Old 30-03-07, 09:31 AM   #4
Demonz

I really just want to knock it over and get it done now that summer is on its way. But I am also thinking to shelve it on the sunny days and p*ss off somewhere to go riding - do the test at the end of the season when the weather is rubbish again.
Old 30-03-07, 09:42 AM   #5
Fizzy Fish

i joined WVAM ages ago and went out with them a couple of times. But they wouldn't let me take the test til i'd got bigger indicators, and well you know how these things are - bigger indicators were never a priority in my life!!

Anyhoo, now i have a new bike with big indicators i'm thinking of going again, but i always have the same dilemma as Grant - do i spend a sunny sunday with my throttle open or hovering around neutral with my eyes glued to the speedo??

So I'm a maybe this week...that is if they'll let me back in after all this time!
Old 30-03-07, 11:51 AM   #6
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I'm a member of the Thames Vale group ( www.tvam.org ) who meet in Wokingham. You may find a more liberal approach to cans, indicators and NSLs over this way. 3rd Sunday.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-07, 12:19 PM   #7
Fizzy Fish

To be fair, the WVAM guys were fine about the indicators themselves, it was just flagged as an issue for the test. and they did have a point about the visibility!
Old 30-03-07, 12:23 PM   #8
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
I'm a member of the Thames Vale group ( www.tvam.org ) who meet in Wokingham. You may find a more liberal approach to cans, indicators and NSLs over this way. 3rd Sunday.
WVAM have all been fairly tight on the NSLs TBH . But then maybe its just been my observers???
Old 30-03-07, 12:35 PM   #9
weazelz

I went for a freebie assessed ride in about april/may of last year. joined up, but I've never actually been back since I paid I figure that I have one or two meets left before my membership expires, so I thought I'd go along whilst I can. the observer on my assessed ride seemed to think I'd only need a couple more observed rides before doing my test

I'm going along with a few mates - I'll be the one on the battered yellow curvy

I've met Stu before a couple of times, but of any of the rest of you are there & see me, come over & say hello

~andy
Old 30-03-07, 10:14 PM   #10
Jelster

I've never been that worried about taking the test TBH, I was looking to improve my riding, which worked, but I'm a bit rusty and really need to go back.