SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-08-07, 10:15 PM   #1
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default new fazer?

is it?

saw it on the car park next to work.?

u like it or not?

Old 05-08-07, 09:24 AM   #2
philipMac

Default Re: new fazer?

I like the look of everything more or less, except the nose / lights / screen. That nose looks extremely *standard Japanese bike* to me.

I am sure it's very functional and things, but I would like that off if it were down to looks.

And painted mat black. Obviously.
Old 05-08-07, 10:07 AM   #3
duibhceK

I got the chance to ride one for 2 days when my TeDiuM was in for its service at the dealer's . And overall it is truly a great bike. Very short and compact, handles exceptionally well, although slightly wider handle bars would benefit it even more.
The top fairing does its work very well, you are at 200+kph before you realize. And the power..., well the power is simply impressive. feathering the throttle gives you a serious kick in the but at any rpm. That is also its main downside, it reacts very aggressively to even the slightest twist of the wrist. Great fun though. Perhaps a bit overpowered for general road use as at 200kph in 4th gear the bike still had some way to go before getting to the red zone and than there are still two gear to go...

As for looks, I like the naked FZ1 a lot better
Old 05-08-07, 02:18 PM   #4
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duibhceK View Post
I got the chance to ride one for 2 days when my TeDiuM was in for its service at the dealer's . And overall it is truly a great bike. Very short and compact, handles exceptionally well, although slightly wider handle bars would benefit it even more.
The top fairing does its work very well, you are at 200+kph before you realize. And the power..., well the power is simply impressive. feathering the throttle gives you a serious kick in the but at any rpm. That is also its main downside, it reacts very aggressively to even the slightest twist of the wrist. Great fun though. Perhaps a bit overpowered for general road use as at 200kph in 4th gear the bike still had some way to go before getting to the red zone and than there are still two gear to go...

As for looks, I like the naked FZ1 a lot better
Seconded - a mate of mine has one and its a weapon! 1000cc grunt with quality suspension and comfy seat/riding position - I would have one! Although not the nasty naked looking one!
Old 06-08-07, 10:01 PM   #5
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yeah, I took a test ride on one and it felt all-day comfy, could be ridden round town like a giant scooter then would turn into a missile once I opened the throttle a bit more. The looks are less exciting than many sportsbikes, but the position/overall experience is brilliant. Plus it's easy to see it as just a commuter bike that's no threat but it'll blow off anything else on the road if ridden properly. I prefer the look of the naked versions but I'd prefer the faired one once the speeds hit triple figures.
Old 07-08-07, 07:57 AM   #6
Jelster

I am seriously considering one of these for next year.

I love my 'Blade but want something I can take the Mrs out on, and I tend to be riding less often, but for longer trips. What with my back problem as well, the new Fazer Thou' could be right up my street.

I think it will be an excellent bike to take to the Alps, but also give me a buzz if I want to hustle it down a back road with the sports bikes. Would have to get rid of the "bread bin" exhaust though

Never had a Yamaha, but perhaps I can get it done in JT colours for the new season

Old 07-08-07, 08:03 AM   #7
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
I think it will be an excellent bike to take to the Alps
My mate took his to the Alps this year with his missus on the back - top box, panniers and baglux tankbag in tow too - he said it was the nicest trip he had ever done (all previous ones had been on sportsbikes) and the bike performed perfectly - its a great bike make no mistake
Old 07-08-07, 08:21 AM   #8
Grinch

I think the naked one looks much better...
Old 07-08-07, 08:46 AM   #9
Skip
Mega Poster

This naked one was at Orwells in Ipswich - this could tempt me!

Old 07-08-07, 08:55 AM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Me like alot. is that the 600 or thousand?

What are they like to ride though? I had heard reports of snatchy fuel injection

Matt