SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SELKENT A forum for the folks down in Kent and SE London.

View Poll Results: Rideout???
Yes i'm up for it, i got the day off 4 44.44%
No, can't be bothered but i got the day off 3 33.33%
No I'm working, stop telling me that you got the day off. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-03-06, 02:25 PM   #1
Samnooshka

Default Short notice rideout!!!!

So i have Sunday 19th March (thats tomorrow) off work. Who's up for a rideout??? Weathers not going to be too bad, but its my day off so i don't care anyway.

I have no idea where this rideout will go, but it is my lil' bro's 12th birthday so maybe we could incorporate a flyby through Rochester for tea and biscuits and show him the bikes.

Sammy
Old 18-03-06, 02:53 PM   #2
coombest

Well, I voted for No- I'm working...

...Even though I'm not!

But I do wish you'd all stop riding your bikes for a while and making it so obvious in front of me!

I've got my right big toe in a heeee-uuuuuge bandage after having an operation to remove the toenail as it has been playing up since my toe was pretty much anihallated in my 'off' in November '04!

I'll just sit here in the house, unable to drive, unable to put a bike boot (or any form of shoe) on my right foot, thinking about the fact that I was supposed to be at Snetterton this weekend for the British Superbike test days!

Have fun all!
Old 18-03-06, 02:56 PM   #3
Mr Toad

No it's too cold
I'm fiddling around putting the new 'bits' on mine, in between nipping back in doors to try & warm up

You're welcome to call into Toad Hall if passing
Old 19-03-06, 12:47 AM   #4
jambo
Mega Poster

But of course I shall.

Post Edited:
Did have a route planned fromBox hill but apparently there's a big 'Blade meet there, now looking like leaving riverhead for about 12:30 for a short run, route tbc, but should incorporate te A264 from East Grinsted to Royal Tunbridge Wells and then some back roads to our pit stop. Depending on how we feel a route back wil be planned there.

Please PM Samnoshka by 11:20am if you need any further details
Old 19-03-06, 12:53 AM   #5
hall13uk

have fun , i may see u out & about.

i need a ride on my own, get into the swing for summer.
Old 19-03-06, 02:09 AM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

Well as I'm following a mate on the Pioneer run tomorrow,Starting at 8 am, that would normally be a no, However, as he will have either made it to Brighton or broken the bike beyond repair (well for that day anyway) by 12 ish, I could find myself available.

I'll give you a call in the morning Sam.

cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-06, 07:55 AM   #7
tigersaw
Mega Poster

well have fun... looks like you are going to pass my door, but I can't invite you in for a warm because I'm at work from 6am as per usual making sure things dont fall out the sky.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-06, 10:13 PM   #8
Sudoxe

Had a good day, 12 - 10, nice short rideout "Where the bloody hell 'ave you been?"

Thanks to Samnooshka for sorting it and Mr & Mrs Samnooshka snr for the coffee and chips.

Oh, your be pleased to know and i kept it upright while putting it into the garage

Dan
Old 19-03-06, 10:34 PM   #9
rigor

Must agree Dan, a great day, just what was needed to blow the cobwebs away, and for part of it the sun shone and it got warm (ish).

Thanks again to Sam for getting us all together, and to Rictus for actually knowing where to go

Anyway, some pics, just to prove that we had the bikes out, and that my bike looks cleaner with a bit of cold induced blur :P

Anyway, must be off. Have to put the linings back into these damn gloves .....
Old 19-03-06, 11:13 PM   #10
rictus01
Mega Poster

I'll go with that, nice ride around, good route, great company, what more could you ask.

Thanks to all concerned, no sillyness on anyones part, and no unplanned incidents either.

Special thanks to Sam for the planning, destination & well apprisiated brew & burger stop.

(Oh and for the view )

And Here's my pics

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote