SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-11-07, 09:54 PM   #11
Stig

Default Re: Drinking

I hardly ever drink alcohol. I have one pint on a Friday lunchtime with a few of the guys from work. Other than that only on special occasions.
Old 08-11-07, 10:01 PM   #12
tomjones2

I usaually have a 4 pack over the whole week and some on the weekend if I go out. Like a lot of people here I did about as much drinking as possible over uni and am a little bored of it know, still get bladdered about once a month though.

Really the problem is hangover they have got really bad over the last 2 years, had serveral 2 day jobs.
Old 08-11-07, 10:03 PM   #13
neio79

I think the units recomended are way to low!!

Its only too much when you get in at 6 from an all night bender , have to get up at 7.30 to be in command of the guard force for a base in Germany

or

when on a run for PT can only smell the alcohol fumes from the person in front and yourself

Or

have had to go on the ranges the next day still hammered!

all these are obvioulsy stories of 'friends' and i could tell you plenty more!!

Eee them were the days, Posted to Germany lots of money and nothing but drink to spend it on!!!
Old 08-11-07, 10:03 PM   #14
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I have a beer when I feel like one, sometimes with my meal or maybe not. I only drink heavily when I go out with my friends for a birthday etc etc but I know my limits now and I know when to stop.

Everything in moderation. I'm fedup with namby pamby nanny state we live in, dont drive / ride to fast, dont drink to much, dont eat this, dont eat that. Then the next week what was good to eat the week before becomes this weeks evil food of the devil...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 10:06 PM   #15
Ed

Interesting range of views... keep em coming. I don't get p*ssed every night, far from it, but Anne thinks I drink too much.
Old 08-11-07, 10:10 PM   #16
Biker_Billy

couple of beers or a glass or 2 of wine most nights for me...

nice way to unwind and enjoy a meal I think....

besides, I work from home, so don't have to worry about the alcohol level in the morning, as I usually don't need to drive...
Old 08-11-07, 10:12 PM   #17
neio79

like someone once said drink is both the cause and cure to all of lifes problems.

And why is it that stunner you pulled last night always gets taken away while you sleep and replaced with a skiprat??

coincidently the beer goggles seem to go as well!!! wierd?
Old 08-11-07, 10:13 PM   #18
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
I drink loads, but only soft drinks or coffee. Alcohol just doesn't agree with me. Not anti-drink though, as long as people are sensible. I think we ought to be more like the French in this country and introduce youngsters to alcohol at home before they discover it for themselves. It might take some of the mystique and glamour out of it then if it's not seen as something only for adults.
Couldnt agree more...spend 4 months around most of europe last year, staying in campsites...it was so nice to see families enjoying a meal with each other...from young'uns right up the the grannies, and all having a genuinely good time (thats what it looked like)...there was never, ever any trouble we saw with "locals" being drunk and making a scene like you see to often here...

I think it is due to many of them being introduced to alcohol at a young age, and learning to respect it...

my 2 penneth worth anyway...
Old 08-11-07, 10:18 PM   #19
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Interesting range of views... keep em coming. I don't get p*ssed every night, far from it, but Anne thinks I drink too much.
How about going trying to go without for a month?
Old 08-11-07, 10:22 PM   #20
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Billy View Post
Couldnt agree more...spend 4 months around most of europe last year, staying in campsites...it was so nice to see families enjoying a meal with each other...from young'uns right up the the grannies, and all having a genuinely good time (thats what it looked like)...there was never, ever any trouble we saw with "locals" being drunk and making a scene like you see to often here...

Yeah in Germany we use to see the locals go for walks in the woods as familys towing little trailers behind them with beer and wine in it was