SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-05-13, 08:03 PM   #1
Littlewebber

Default Removing rounded bolt?

Hey guys, today i went to remove my restrictors (throttle stop and washers) to pit restricted ecu in, but in the process managed to round bolt thats holding in the throttle stop. I knew it had loctite used on it so heated with soldering iron and all in one releasant stuff?

But as it in such a tight place, at the end of the throttle cable on the carbs i cant think how to remove it? Any ideas would be great thanks in advance
Old 05-05-13, 08:17 PM   #2
Braindead101

Default Re: Help- rounded bolt

I don't know what the access is like for your bolt or what its like, but when I've rounded bolts off (I'm heavy handed, but have learnt through bitter experience) I've hacksawed a slot in the top & undone them with a screwdriver.
Old 05-05-13, 08:22 PM   #3
BBadger

if a hacksaw is to big a small file can help flatten the edges enough to get a spanner in sometimes. but all dependant on the amount of room in there.

try soaking it in some penetrating fluid ( eg plus gas ) as this stuff is worth its weight in gold from the rebuilds ive done.
Old 05-05-13, 09:19 PM   #4
Littlewebber

Space is very tight, can only just get screwdrover in there, it where the theottle cables connect to cars, ive disconnected cara from cylinders to get a straight lone at it but dont wanna have to completely disassemble carbs
Old 05-05-13, 09:29 PM   #5
kiggles

I had same issue. I used plenty of WD40. Then used a hammer with the screw driver in place and hit it hard to make a deeper cross head dent. Or use a sharp chisel like hard metal and bang a gap for a flat screw driver. I was lucky to save mine.
Old 06-05-13, 06:09 PM   #6
Littlewebber

I managed to get it today after soaking it overnight in releasant and using one those easyout tool bits
Old 06-05-13, 06:17 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

nail polish remover for the threadlock and hit the bolt with a impact driver.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote