SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-09, 10:50 AM   #51
martianskippy

Default Re: Home Safe Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
home

I took me leathers off when I got in - I friggin stink! So so so sorry to everyone who I hugged goodbye, no one told me I smell like an actual tramp...

pics to follow in a minute
we all did - you just don't remember
Was really good to meet you Paul

Last edited by martianskippy; 03-08-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 11:10 AM   #52
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
pah, lightweight, you did it on purpose for a taxi didn't you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Teese View Post
Blue Flame, glad you're ok, must have been horrible!
Trying to get across three lanes of traffic with a dead bike was scary. I reckon they all must have seen it happen as all three lanes seemed to slow down for me thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz650s View Post
Glad you are ok Grant ... could of been worse !
Yep it certainly could of......Just checked the bike and the push rod for the clutch has been snapped in two but that appears to be the only additional damage that the snapped chain has caused (touchwood).

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 11:16 AM   #53
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Yep it certainly could of......Just checked the bike and the push rod for the clutch has been snapped in two but that appears to be the only additional damage that the snapped chain has caused (touchwood).
exactly what happened to mine. make sure to check the mounting of the worm drive mechanism, which is attached to the LHS engine casing. This snapped off on mine too, and ment I needed a new casing. Hope it didnt do that to yours.
Old 03-08-09, 11:19 AM   #54
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
exactly what happened to mine. make sure to check the mounting of the worm drive mechanism, which is attached to the LHS engine casing. This snapped off on mine too, and ment I needed a new casing. Hope it didnt do that to yours.
It appears to be fine. Just dismantled the worm drive to get to the broken push rod and it seems OK.

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Old 03-08-09, 11:19 AM   #55
davepreston

my apologies mate
now im not apologising for myself im apologising for manx matt and bluefish who were the two who instead of stopping and checking on you just waved and carried on (head lowers in shame) re education of said offenders shall begin in earnest soon please feel free to add any torchers sorry re educational tasks to this and i shall endevor to add them to the schedual
Old 03-08-09, 11:21 AM   #56
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
It appears to be fine. Just dismantled the worm drive to get to the broken push rod and it seems OK.
Old 03-08-09, 11:23 AM   #57
Warthog

Me and Philbut got back fine yesterday, but I just went straight to bed and slept for the rest of Sunday, I think I overdid it slightly!

It was so nice to meet everyone, I had the best time ever. Huge thanks to everyone who did any organising, marking and cooking, you did a great job. I also made a ton of new friends which is a great thing, far too many to mention but you all know who you are.

Now I have a few photos that I might put up, particularly one, but I'm not sure it is particularly U-rated hehe. I'll check with the mods first. I do believe Sid Squid hath declared it fine though as no actual shaft is visible hahahaha
Old 03-08-09, 11:23 AM   #58
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
my apologies mate
now im not apologising for myself im apologising for manx matt and bluefish who were the two who instead of stopping and checking on you just waved and carried on (head lowers in shame) re education of said offenders shall begin in earnest soon please feel free to add any torchers sorry re educational tasks to this and i shall endevor to add them to the schedual
There is no need for any apologies. It was not fixable. I was just sitting there enjoying the sun and waiting for my free ride.

Old 03-08-09, 11:25 AM   #59
davepreston

tis the pricible my friend i shall carry on and post photos later of justice being served
Old 03-08-09, 11:31 AM   #60
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
my apologies mate
oi dp, we never waved and passed anybody that had broken down, and if we did pass him then you must have too, but i don't recall passing any bikes at the side of the motorway, so there you go hopalong. ps if it was around birmingham we were concentrating on getting manx matt to the services befor fuel ran out, as he doesn't believe in filling his tank up,doh.