SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-07-07, 02:23 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Cadwell 090707 onboard footage

Weazelz and I did Cadwell GP circuit yesterday (9th July), here is some onboard footage - with my new Baph recommended (or at least inspired) camera/recorder setup

4 mins of fun, enjoy

Vid1 (Dry)

ADDED:-

Ah .... it rained!! Not many people braved the conditions, but I had paid for it, I was going out!!

Vid2 (Wet)

EVEN more ADDED:-

And to complete the trilogy, here is a 'tail view' one ... you don't get to see much of what is going on around, but you get a real appreciation of what I am doing

Vid3 (Tail View)

p.s. Perhaps we should have a videos section?? ... I wasn't quite sure where to put this.

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 10-07-07 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 02:37 PM   #2
Jdubya

Default Re: Cadwell 090707 onboard footage

Nice vid...
Old 10-07-07, 02:53 PM   #3
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
p.s. Perhaps we should have a videos section?? ... I wasn't quite sure where to put this.
T'is a good idea that. There's a few of us with video camera's on here now. Maybe enough to warrant it (or a sub-forum of Photos).

Blue, now you've (sort of) got codecs working, are you liking the camera/recorder now? Also, does that bike have lowers? That's about the only place I can think of to mount the cam.

Good vid, doesn't look like compression has affected it much.
Old 10-07-07, 02:56 PM   #4
DanAbnormal

You are now my new hero. You made short work of a lot of bikes there.

Just don't tell me you were in teh novice group!
Old 10-07-07, 02:57 PM   #5
Bluepete
Mega Poster

What program do you guys use to compress it? Mine are done on Windows Movie Maker and recorded as high quality PAL. The only reason for this was trial and error to get reasonable upload times. Any recomendations gratefully received.
Thanks, Pete.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 03:15 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Blue, now you've (sort of) got codecs working, are you liking the camera/recorder now? Also, does that bike have lowers? That's about the only place I can think of to mount the cam.
Sure, its all good I only had one failed vid, I am not sure why it didn't record, but we will say human error for now (I think it was actually that it was still initialising when I hit record and that rogered it!)

Yep, its a (rather tatty looking!! ) full fairing (see avatar <----)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
You are now my new hero. You made short work of a lot of bikes there.

Just don't tell me you were in teh novice group!
It was inters, there were only 6 people in the fast group, so on a big track like Cadders it just became boring very quickly as you never saw anyone, so I just pestered people in inters!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 10-07-07 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 03:16 PM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
What program do you guys use to compress it? Mine are done on Windows Movie Maker and recorded as high quality PAL. The only reason for this was trial and error to get reasonable upload times. Any recomendations gratefully received.
Thanks, Pete.
See, questions like this would go well in a videos section

Personally, I don't compress it per-say.

Record, upload to home computer (read: plug in by USB & capy across), edit, save & upload.

For editing, I use ULead VideoStudio 11 (when in Windows). Awesome software for video editing, and one of the guys at work does still frame animation with it (using a digital camera on tripod).

The saving, generally it's saved as AVI, again, by VideoStudio (since thats where the edit was done). The format you chose denotes certain elements of the recording.

Then when you upload, the site you upload to will usually "optimise" it for streaming. In other words, they'll compress & translate it to another format, which implies different compression on their format too.

Photobucket for example, uses flv's (Flash Long Video - IIRC).
Old 10-07-07, 03:32 PM   #8
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
It was inters, there were only 6 people in the fast group, so on a big track like Cadders it just became boring very quickly as you never saw anyone, so I just pestered people in inters!!
You were quite clearly an advanced trackday'er. I can understand what you mean though, more fun perstering the crowds of slow people that 6 fast bikes. Can you teach me how to ride like that? Bloody awesome! Loved the little wheelies over the hill.
Old 10-07-07, 03:48 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

ADDED another vid (see 1st post) ...

The heavens opened ...

I was going out anyway!!
Old 10-07-07, 03:52 PM   #10
Baph

Oh yea, Blue, stick a slightly wider angle lens on your cam.

I think mine is pointed seriously out to the side (20-30 degrees maybe!!) but it looks ok on playback. And it'd get rid of that black corner top right (your knee) if you sat it more forward a touch. Probably just about clear the wheel then too.

Last edited by Baph; 10-07-07 at 04:17 PM.