SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-09-07, 10:42 AM   #1
grh1904

Default Citizens Service - the new National Service.

Any body seen this.....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...-1282998,.html

What sort of planet has David cameron been beamed in from ?????

Is he so delusional to think that teenagers will give up all of their summer holidays to do this ?????

The only teenagers that are going to do it will be those that would be doing stuff like this in the summer holidays anyway. The kids who are seriously thinking of college, university, or a career in the forces to begin with. Or even those that have tried at their GCSE's and are serious about finding work as soon as they leave school, and see a scheme like this as being a good thing for them and their CV.

The HARDCORE who cause problems and really do need to be given the type of short sharp shock the National Service or similar would bring would just laugh at this and go buy some more cheap cider.

(You know who I mean when I say HARDCORE - those that are really gratefull for their benefits paid for by you and me through our taxes - enabling them not to work but sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle while getting P*SS*D on said cheap cider while impregnating yet another 19 year old female chav with her 3rd kid to different fathers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

OOPS - soryy touch synical there.

- over.

Last edited by grh1904; 06-09-07 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Oh how I wish I could spell !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-07, 10:49 AM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Citizens Service - the new National Service.

Yes, indeed. National service for the unruly. They need strong discipline

As long as I'm not called up though, I'm not cut out for that sort of stuff

Matt
Old 06-09-07, 10:49 AM   #3
Kinvig

Does anyone have the telephone number for this cider drinking, 19 year old lady????

Many moons ago in my summer holidays I worked to get some pin money to support myself at uni. Wouldn't fancy some forced labour thus denying me of extra income. Arbeit macht frei anyone?
Old 06-09-07, 10:55 AM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Actually Citizens Service sounds like a good plan.

Not the scheme as outlined by Cameron, but how about if in exchange for your dole money you were required to do 20 hours community service a week.

No show, no dough.

20 hours should be do-able even with job interviews, its only half a day after all.

I would even accept a 15 hour contribution.

Think how nice and clean our streets and parks would be with the dole-dossers out picking up empty lager cans, instead of emptying them.

And it would maintain/instill a work discipline/ethic that is sadly missing in many of the spongers of society.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 10:57 AM   #5
grh1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Not the scheme as outlined by Cameron, but how about if in exchange for your dole money you were required to do 20 hours community service a week.

No show, no dough.

20 hours should be do-able even with job interviews, its only half a day after all.

Think how nice and clean our streets and parks would be with the dole-dossers out picking up empty lager cans, instead of emptying them.

And it would maintain/instill a work discipline/ethic that is sadly missing in many of the spongers of society.
Everything here + 1.

well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-07, 11:16 AM   #6
Ceri JC

As others have said, all this citizenship lark is nonsense. The good kids will do this sort of thing anyway, even if you make it difficult/expensive for them to do it. The bad apples (who would benefit most from it) will do anything to weasel their way out of it, even if it were mandatory.

Soulkiss' system would be much much better. My gf who is a bleeding heart liberal has proposed a similar thing (a mandatory 15 hours of working as a volunteer in a charity shop/litter picking/etc.)
Old 06-09-07, 11:19 AM   #7
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grh1904 View Post
Everything here + 1.

well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME FOR EL PRESIDENTE !!!!!

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 11:24 AM   #8
furrybean

Quote:

No show, no dough.

Thats exactly what I rant about all the time, why not get them to put something back if the scroungers are going to take all the time.
Old 06-09-07, 11:25 AM   #9
grh1904

Quote:

Where/when do cast our votes ?????

VIVA EL PRESIDENTE !!!!
Old 06-09-07, 11:26 AM   #10
Jester666

Quote:
Oh God no!! We'll be over run by LARPers! Besides Scotland doesn't have a position open!!