SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-11-10, 11:48 AM   #21
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: HTC 7 Trophy

What's the best/easiest way to install the vanilla/stock HTC software, and keep all phone numbers, pics etc?

Regards
Phil

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-10, 12:56 PM   #22
ThEGr33k

Well its not too bad to do if you have some computer knowledge. I can find a link to how to do it if you like. Basically though you have to make your SD card into something called a gold card. You then use your computer to change the ROM.

Can be a fiddle sometimes, mine didn't want to load the ROM at first but managed to figure out why.

It's easy to save the numbers, they can be saved to your Google account so will auto associate when you start back up after the ROM. Pictures you can take off of the card and put back on after.

You can't actually brick (break) your phone doing this. It will either work or not. Even if you power off part way through it should be sortable.

There is only one catch. You will always have to use your gold card if you get another card you can make that into a gold card so its not too bad as long as you know. If you don't then updates don't work right.

I'm also not sure about warranty. I can't see why it should void but I hear it might.

androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/67098-how-flash-debrand-your-desire.html

This is older now but should be fine! The Rom is the original stock one but after updating 4-5 time over the air, it will be upto date.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 30-11-10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 30-11-10, 01:51 PM   #23
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Cheers.

What do you mean by I always have to use the gold card? Is that the only memory card I would be able to use in the phone?

Regards
Phil

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-10, 04:32 PM   #24
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Cheers.

What do you mean by I always have to use the gold card? Is that the only memory card I would be able to use in the phone?

Regards
Phil
Yes. What a gold card is is just a memory card with the first 180 bits altered. So you can or should be able to make any memory card a gold card. All you have to do if you are wanting another memory card just make it into a gold card. A 5 min job once you have done it once... You won't be able to tell any difference. It's there just for the phone when its playing with updates so it does them right.

Any more Q's just gimme a shout.
Old 01-12-10, 09:44 AM   #25

Well I finally got the phone and first impressions are good, it just works.

Emails sorted, includind read & edit in "word & Excell
FB sorted
Internet sorted
Music Sorted
Sat nav (soon to be sorted)
Pictures sorted

I dont think it is as arty farty as an Iphone, it just does what it needs when it needs, a few more user functions would be useful but it does stop me getting lost in the settings and buggering something up.

Massive thumbs up from me
Old 02-12-10, 02:08 PM   #26
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Had no problems with maps on my HTC Desire. Very useful, though falls a little short of a dedicated sat nav.
I got Co-Pilot for mine £25 for a UK sat nav software and it's crackalackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
People who mention the free satnav not being brilliant, ill just mention that yes needs coverage, but it is free and does work when the ****ty networks arnt letting us down... which is too often.
True, the Co-pilot software is the map too so you don't ned data connection, just the GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
I installed the stock ROM from HTC and the phone is just a million times better, it works all the time and has no ****ty little bugs like you mention. HTC need to put their foot down and tell the Networks to pi&s of and make us all use stock software!
I've got HTC Hero for personal phone and Desire for work so can't do anything to the Desire, I love it, I just don't really get to use it fully cos I only need it from 08:30 - 17:00.

I tried to install a different ROM on the Hero but found it really hard to do, I finally got around to somehow rooting it (I have no idea how) put another ROM on it but had a few problems ended up just re-flashing the normal Orange rom back to it.

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 03:05 PM   #27
ThEGr33k

Rooting I aint done, dont feel the need tbh. The flash was ok, I guess it depends on how well the guide is written. The one I used was pretty cracking
Old 14-02-11, 03:05 PM   #28
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Just got my hands on one of these via work, going to be my new work phone for the next month.
Looking forward to setting it up tonight and having a fiddle as I haven't used the 7 os yet.

Liking the orange

2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2

Last edited by hindle8907; 14-02-11 at 03:09 PM.
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-11, 03:24 PM   #29
krhall

If anyone want an Iphone 4 16Gb (brand new in cellophane) give me a shout before it goes on the Bay.
Old 14-02-11, 04:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle8907 View Post
Just got my hands on one of these via work, going to be my new work phone for the next month.
Looking forward to setting it up tonight and having a fiddle as I haven't used the 7 os yet.

Liking the orange

I have been very pleased with mine,

It just works.. no real iffs.. no butts.

I prefer it to the Iphone 4 both in design and operation, the only thing I would say that needs changing is it could do with expandable memory.

set up will take you about 10 minutes,

Mines connected to our Outlook and errr just works.