SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-02-11, 05:06 PM   #31
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Default Re: HTC 7 Trophy

Well the iphone4 is my personal phone. I haven't powered this 7 phone up yet.
iphones have been my choice for the past 4 years I'm currently on the iphone4 so I will let you know what I think in comparison.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-11, 05:19 PM   #32
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle8907 View Post
I haven't powered this 7 phone up yet.
I wouldn't bother, WP7 is s*ite.

I played with it for about 1/2hr, the gui icons are massive and the only reason to keep a windows phone (local outlook sync) has been removed in favor of network sync to exchange or via the cloud. It went back in the box and got sent back.

However, I got an Andriod phone last week (Galaxy S), and i'm quite impressed by it.

Dan
Old 15-02-11, 02:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe View Post

I played with it for about 1/2hr, the gui icons are massive and the only reason to keep a windows phone (local outlook sync) has been removed in favor of network sync to exchange or via the cloud. It went back in the box and got sent back.

However, I got an Andriod phone last week (Galaxy S), and i'm quite impressed by it.

Dan
Why is local outlook sync better?

I get my work email via exchange but as its my Phone not works he rest of the phone is mine with my contacts etc.

Its more stable than my colleagues I phone too
Old 15-02-11, 05:31 PM   #34
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe View Post
I can see why you sent it back wise choice.

HTC Trophy, it really does just go to show how people just follow the I hate apple bandwagon.
This Windows 7 phone is more limited and restricted than the iphone will ever be.

After 2 days here is my quick review.

Its Zune dependent for file management and syncing (just like itunes)
No Flash support
Really Really Limited apps.
No multitasking
No copy/paste
No USB mass storage mode
No Bluetooth file transfers
Push notifications for apps hardly works.
Its slow and clunky even zooming in and out on photos you can see it loading the frames bit by bit.
The Internet explorer is very WAP looking.
Even the Microsoft MSN Messenger runs like a dog, I use the official MSN app on my iphone all the time and cant get my head round how the iphone version runs and functions so much better than the 7os version.
The only good thing I can say about this handset is the call quality is quite good and the emails work well but other than that I would be really disappointed if I purchased this handset.
If your thinking of getting a W7 phone I would say save your money and go IOS or android because your not getting much for your money here.

The phone its self is nicely designed and would probably be a good handset if it was priced around £200 new running android.

Ant.

Last edited by hindle8907; 15-02-11 at 08:57 PM.
Old 15-02-11, 06:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle8907 View Post
I can see why you sent it back wise choice.

HTC Trophy, it really does just go to show how people just follow the I hate apple bandwagon.
This Windows 7 phone is more limited and restricted than the iphone will ever be.

Its Zune dependent for file management and syncing (just like itunes)
No Flash support
Really Really Limited apps.
No multitasking
No copy/paste
No USB mass storage mode
No Bluetooth file transfers
Push notifications for apps hardly works.
Its slow and clunky even zooming in and out on photos you can see it loading the frames bit by bit.
The Internet explorer is very WAP looking.
Even the Microsoft MSN Messenger runs like a dog, I use the official MSN app on my iphone all the time and cant get my head round how the iphone version runs and functions so much better than the 7os version.
The only good thing I can say about this handset is the call quality is quite good and the emails work well but other than that I would be really disappointed if I purchased this handset.
If your thinking of getting a W7 phone I would say save your money and go IOS or android because your not getting much for your money here.

The phone its self is nicely designed and would probably be a good handset if it was priced around £200 new running android.

Ant.
Ok you have some valid points but please bare in mind.

There is no Hate apple bandwagon, i genuinely don't like their products, and I made the win 7 choice based on trying the iphone 4

I would have had to pay 150£ on there abouts for the Iphone 4 on a more expensive contract. The Trophy IS a cheaper phone.

The phone does multitask...and the iphones don't run flash either do they?

The limited Apps and zune software dont bother me, I hate I tunes with a passion as it is overly complicated and faffy, Zune works for me.

The limited apps isnt a problem as I really don't need a silly voice rabbit etc

The mass storage doesnt bother me, I keep my USB drive with me anyway as i find it more useable, granted it might be useful id the trophy had extend-able memory (this is one thing that does frustrate me about the phone)

ie on the phone looks much like IE on the computer.. don't really know what more you need from a web browser?

The thing is you are saying go android instead of this or potentially an Iphone but this windows 7 platform is good, it does just work.. I dont know what you mean about the photos as technically speaking its more powerful than the iphone?

I have sat side by side with my brothers Iphone 4, and not once have I wished I had paid £150 and was paying £40 a month.

It isnt and never will be an iphone, or android, but it is new and it is different, and it gives people like me who genuinely dont like apple products and their prices an alternative which does 95% of the iphone function at 75% of the price, and I know that given the option again, id still choose this win 7 Platform

BUT thats because it meets my needs at this time, for what I need my phone for, if you send it back then fair play its not for you, in the same way we choose different motorcycles.

Last edited by 454697819; 15-02-11 at 06:28 PM.
Old 15-02-11, 07:09 PM   #36
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
Ok you have some valid points but please bare in mind.

There is no Hate apple bandwagon, i genuinely don't like their products, and I made the win 7 choice based on trying the iphone 4

Sorry didn't mean you in particular buddy but alot of the things that people love to point out about iphones being crap well this device has all of them and more.

I would have had to pay 150£ on there abouts for the Iphone 4 on a more expensive contract. The Trophy IS a cheaper phone.

Yes the iphone4 expensive and I'm not saying it must be the iphone4 but I feel something from the android range would have much more to offer pound for pound.

The phone does multitask ...and the iphones don't run flash either do they?

It doesn't multi task if I exit the msn app to make a phone call when I click back on the msn app it has to load up again same for youtube and almost all the other apps

Flash Nope (unless you jb) again just pointing out things that people slate apple for.

The limited Apps and zune software dont bother me, I hate I tunes with a passion as it is overly complicated and faffy, Zune works for me.

I was just pointing out the fact that like apple the new 7OS is also software dependent too for transfers and syncing.
but as you with zune, I find itunes just works for me when I decided I want to use it.

The limited apps isnt a problem as I really don't need a silly voice rabbit etc

Its much much than silly voice rabit lol, I'm not on about games and toy apps i mean real word apps like logmein, GPS Trackers, Dropbox , networking applications eg citrix, sky+ and much more beyond games.

The mass storage doesnt bother me, I keep my USB drive with me anyway as i find it more useable, granted it might be useful id the trophy had extend-able memory (this is one thing that does frustrate me about the phone)

Doesn't bother me either just another point that the apple hating bandwagon jump on.

ie on the phone looks much like IE on the computer.. don't really know what more you need from a web browser?

The ie is very slow and reminds me when i had my first phone with a browser very wap like.

The thing is you are saying go android instead of this or potentially an Iphone but this windows 7 platform is good, it does just work.. I dont know what you mean about the photos as technically speaking its more powerful than the iphone?

My phone does also just work , and I have found up to now it does a much better than my work phone.
Take a photo and pinch to zoom in and out of the image you can see it lagging as it zooms in and out, the same happens on web pages ect

I have sat side by side with my brothers Iphone 4, and not once have I wished I had paid £150 and was paying £40 a month.

If your happy that's all that counts , but I could easily justify the extra money when comparing to this device.

It isnt and never will be an iphone, or android, but it is new and it is different, and it gives people like me who genuinely dont like apple products and their prices an alternative which does 95% of the iphone function at 75% of the price, and I know that given the option again, id still choose this win 7 Platform

It is new and does look jazzy and I give credit to Microsoft for coming out with a different approach to the smart phone OS image, as for the 95% .... for me it doesn't even do 60% but let say based on your average user it does do 95% of what the iphone can, imho it doesn't do very well.

BUT thats because it meets my needs at this time, for what I need my phone for, if you send it back then fair play its not for you, in the same way we choose different motorcycles.

totally agree if its working for you then I'm glad you are geting what you wanted from it I'm not the type of person to slate something just because I own a different make/model if its good kit I will praise the hell out of it but imo this isn't worth the pennies even compared to other handsets and I don't just mean iphones i think you can get alot more from similar priced devices.

PS don't we all own sv650's or triumphs on here

Cheers

Ant.

Last edited by hindle8907; 15-02-11 at 09:52 PM.
Old 15-02-11, 07:32 PM   #37
beabert

Its hardly a fair comparison sausage fingers hindle lol.

However, they are both overpriced, i think i'd feel more mugged after buying the trophy though.
Old 15-02-11, 09:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
Its hardly a fair comparison sausage fingers hindle lol.

However, they are both overpriced, i think i'd feel more mugged after buying the trophy though.
But the I didnt ... it was free lol

Hindle,

Fair points, additionally, Sky + is availabe and so are GPS trackers

to be honest, IF I could have justified it I woudl habe got the Iphone 4 however the amount I throw my phone about i couldnt justify it
Old 15-02-11, 09:53 PM   #39
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
Sky +
99p !! cheers for that.
Old 16-02-11, 01:43 PM   #40
krhall